Hello from ADilla

ADilla Nevada

Reaction score
I'm from Mississippi, originally by the way of Detroit, MI. I graduated at Miss. School f/t in '98. I'm currently at Miss. Delta Comm. College in Moorhead, MS and I like to write rap lyrics in my spare time as well as starting blogs and work on forums.

Happy to be here.............

Grats, and why are you like "Nevada"?

The whole name "ADilla Nevada" is the name I use when I write rap or actually perform rapping on my microphone on the computer when I record.

A lil more info about me --->

I'm in no way HOH, I'm fully deaf the sounds I think i hear are mostly vibrations (when I have my HA), but for some weird reason I can talk verbally very well according to most hearing...even pronouncing complex words with ease, but I can't hear jack :D I was mainstreamed in MI (in those days, people in Detroit did not get any info from the public schools in Detroit about the deaf school in Flint, MI) until I came to MS and later on a deaf alumin of Miss SD smooth talk his (wrote on paper) way into cajoling my parents to let me visit the school for the deaf in Jackson and see if I like it or not...............needless to say, I've been in MSD from 8th grade until graduation, now I have the skills of ASL and verbally talking as well, but I'm not an oralist (i hate oralism actually), I'm fully for Total Communication --use whatever skills you can use to communicate.

:welcome:

nice to "meet you"

Some people say I speak well for my hearing loss too!!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have lots of fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Hello.

I wrote some rap songs for one of my grandsons when he was younger. He did rap well, but couldn't write his own material because he really never had the baditude. It was a lot of fun.

Not sure if I can find them any more.

Back