Hello Friends!

HoH_Jordan

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Jordan. I was born severely HoH and I was raised in oralism, but now, at 24 years old, I am finally discovering Deaf culture for the first time! I feel like this is where I was supposed to be! I was constantly frustrated in school because some people were mean to me about my HoH (though most were pretty understanding, although ignorant about it) and I had no HoH or Deaf friends to relate to. Looking back, I wish I had been in a Deaf and HoH school and that I had been raised in ASL. I feel that this is where I should have been all along!

Now, I'm learning ASL and I am so proud and excited about Deaf culture and history! I would love to make some Deaf and HoH friends! Thank you all for providing a welcoming place for Deaf and HoH! :ty:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Now that you are aware about Deaf Culture and learning to sign ASL. It is really nice to meet you. Just browse around the threads here and post any topic you choose to discuss or debate with us. See you around here. :wave:

Thank you for making me feel welcome Bebonang! :ty: I am excited to be here and I will see you around! :)

:welcome: to AD! Got the exact same feelings as you do about being raised orally.

Thank you to hutt5asl and shel90 for your warm welcomings! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels the way I do about being raised orally. See you both around!
:wave:

Yep you'll find me lurking around....

Mainly in Introduce yourself, general chat and Creative writting....

Watch out Milli's about!!!! :giggle:....

Back