Hello everyone!

Amuggsy78

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to Alldeaf.com. It's so nice to see how friendly everyone is. I am hearing, 31 yrs old, married with one child. I have been fascinated with ASL and deaf culture ever since I was a child, and have been trying to teach myself ASL for many, many years. Ever since my daughter was born I've been teaching her and I'm getting pretty good for someone who has never been able to practice properly. I've never known anyone who was deaf or hard-of-hearing so I wanted to join this site to try and learn more. I love how open everyone seems. I know it must get tireing to have ignorant people always asking the same questions over and over, so I hope I'm not just another annoying person. Basicly, I'd like to connect with people and find out your veiws on some things. Really I started looking for Deaf websites thinking I might find live video chat. I live in south jersey and I'm new to the area so I have no idea if there is even any deaf comunity around here. Anyway, I'd just like to learn from you all, if you don't mind. :)
Amy

Hello. Upon what subject do you want to know point of view?

And as for Jersey, Jiro will probably be down to visit with you next week. :wave:

well the one question I can think of right now is, is it rude to watch other people signing? Is it viewed as eavesdropping or snooping? I assume that it is but I've been wrong when assuming things before.
What's Jiro?

well the one question I can think of right now is, is it rude to watch other people signing? Is it viewed as eavesdropping or snooping? I assume that it is but I've been wrong when assuming things before.
What's Jiro?

Yes it is rude.

Jiro is in charge of the AD social committee. :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You will learn a lot about us when you get starting to browse (reading) and posting all the threads here. Just have fun with us. See you around here. :wave:

Back