Hello everyone . . .

Helidore1983

Reaction score
My name is Helen, I am working on becoming an interpreter for the Deaf, and also to teach ASL/Deaf Culture in the future. I am looking for Deaf and HOH friends who may be in the Virginia area, and I am new to using the internet for this so if anyone can help I would really appreaciate it. Actually, any friends would be nice, lol. Hope to hear from someone soon and have a great day!

:welcome: to AD! What part of VA do u live in? There is a large deaf community in Northern VA. :)

I live in . . .

Unfortunatley I live in Williamsburg, Virginia which kinda leaves me out of a lot of areas where I can get good interation with the Deaf community. I am trying really hard though, with the Silent Dinner schedule around here, and trying to work on my college work. It will work out, :cool:

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! Members here in AD is a great group of peoples from all walks of life, whom I'm sure you'll enjoy meeting and making a few acquaintances here--also, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD as well! :)

:wave:
~RR

Unfortunatley I live in Williamsburg, Virginia which kinda leaves me out of a lot of areas where I can get good interation with the Deaf community. I am trying really hard though, with the Silent Dinner schedule around here, and trying to work on my college work. It will work out, :cool:

I live in MD..about 2 hours from u. Do u go to DPHH in DC?

Not really . . .

I live in MD..about 2 hours from u. Do u go to DPHH in DC?

No, unfortunatley I have never been to MD, I don't get to go to too many other states. Is there a lot of Deaf people/events up that way?

Helen

My name is Helen...
Hey Y'all Ms Helen & :welcome:

dolphincovejoekim.jpg

Hey everyone

I went to a Silent Dinner last night in my area and met some really nice people. It was hard for me to communicate since I have been out of it for a while, but I got used to it. I need to do a lot of work on my sentence structure and some vocabulary. I can't wait until I get to go to J. Sargeant Reynolds so I can start the IT program. I even met a lady with similar interests as me, who is hearing but losing hearing like me, and lives up by me and we exchanged email addresses. I hope we can get together and practice sometimes because she is still learning sign too. I saw the most beautiful Jamaican little girl who was Deaf, and her mother was too, and they were so pretty and looked so happy together. It was a wonderful experience.

Helen Hoffman
AS - TNCC - Social Sciences Specializing in Education - Fall 07'
Hoping to transfer to JSRCC - AAS - ASL-English Interpretation - Spring 08'

Back