Hello everyone!

codgirl98

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Dayah. I am 14 and I have been eagerly trying to learn asl. I must say that I am not very good yet but I have been really trying to learn. I am looking for someone possibly around my age to talk with and practice with. :)

Well........you did say "someone possibly around my age" and many members on AllDeaf are older. I'm your grandfathers age.

Nevertheless, welcome to the exciting world of the Deaf and AD. Many of my students of high school age began their social life using ASL for the first time with me. I never do private lessons with them but have a great time at socials such as the one we enjoyed Friday night at CHICK-FIL-A. There I meet two new ASL 1 students, their first time at any deaf social. The three of us spent over two hours on the basic ASL signs of the like of "chicken", different drinks, "salt", "pepper", etc. and story-telling about our week and jokes, you will learn much through humor. This is the best way for you to learn. Try your best to find an ASL Deaf social in you area and attend, then search for a person (any age) who will give you the opportunity to improve your ASL and fit in with the group. You will find it so enjoyable.

Once again, a big WELCOME to AD.

Back