Hello Everyone I am New

tilly1002

Reaction score
Hi my name is Scott and I am 30 y.o . I'm hearing and unfortunately I have had very little exposure to the deaf community. I have taken a couple of adult education classes at our Deaf Adult Services here. The only exposure I've had is that I had a friend that was deaf and he tutored me for a little while and then his Grandma got really sick and stopped meeting me. I have always wanted to learn sign language since I was younger but never really had an opportunity to. I currently work for my family in the sewing / quilting fields and I would love to set up a day for the deaf and heard of hearing to come in and have a great time sewing or quilting. I do know some asl and struggle with it but I want to learn and want to be a part of this awesome community. All I need is someone to teach / tutor me. I know that as a hearing person I won't ever understand what its like to be deaf and apart of the Deaf community. Basically, I would like to be able to learn about the Deaf culture and meet some new friends and actually communicate with them in their native language.

Back