Hello everyone from San Antonio, Texas!

InfamousMacBook

Reaction score
I am looking to make friends with Deaf and HoH people. I lost my hearing a few months before I turned 21 and was fitted with hearing aids right before I was 22. I never did learn ASL but, picked up on reading lips real fast. I want to make new friends face to face who will expose me to ASL so I can learn. I like to do all sorts of things so really I get along with most everyone.

Hope to see replies!

Hello, and welcome to AD; take off your jacket and idle a whyle.....:P

Thanks everyone. I hope sometime I find people from San Antonio or nearby who can help me learn. I found a lady who is an organizer of a meetup group but, she charges $60 to learn basic ASL and she not even a teacher and I don't think she teaches actual ASL but, like SEE or Pidgin. I've done a lot of research. Its so hard to self teach a language when you have no one to reply back to you in that language so you learn to speak it but, never learn to understand it. I have high hopes though. :)

Thanks everyone. I hope sometime I find people from San Antonio or nearby who can help me learn. I found a lady who is an organizer of a meetup group but, she charges $60 to learn basic ASL and she not even a teacher and I don't think she teaches actual ASL but, like SEE or Pidgin. I've done a lot of research. Its so hard to self teach a language when you have no one to reply back to you in that language so you learn to speak it but, never learn to understand it. I have high hopes though. :)

http://www.ghd-web.com/texas_deaf_list.htm

http://www.listen-up.org/texas.htm

hello see you enjoy forum Alldeaf

-moved on the introduce :)

Yay San Antonio

Hello there! :wave: i do live in San Antonio, but i'm not deaf or hoh. i'm also not fluent in ASL, yet, but there is a really good site that i am learning from. if you want to know more just messege me :) i'm actually on here to see if anyone is willing to help me with my sign also. maybe skype and sign, so that i can learn more and actually get used to signing with someone else. maybe we could help eachother learn. just let me know, i'm not a weirdo or anything. i love movies, music, i have 2 yr old twins, i'm 24. So, yeah just messege me even if you just want to know that website. i wont be butt hurt if you wish to continue looking for someone more fluent in sign, but this website is awesome and i've already learned a lot. the professor that made the sight is deaf/hoh and he's wonderful and has video so you dont have to guess what the signs look like in a still picture. <3

Back