Hello :D

Julianna

Reaction score
My name is Julianna.
I'm 17 years old I live in the UK.
I'm deaf and mute and I know BSL (obviously).
There are some questions I can't tolerate, such as: "If you’re mute, how do you know how to write or read? How do you think? You don’t know how things sound.”

I think I’ll be the one deciding whether I know how things sound or not. I can pronounce things in my head, so I can think in words although I’m not quite sure how that works exactly. Now for anyone who’s ever wondered “how do deaf-mute people think? When they see a vending machine do they think ‘vending machine’ or do they not think at all”, this is your answer: We think ‘vending machine’, because we don’t just learn sign language. We also learn spelling and grammar, and vocabulary in written language.

Those Switched at Birth fangirls who only want to know Sign Language so they can later on marry Sean Berdy... you disgust me.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I guess from what I read in your post that they were asking you about your mute and deafness as any Audist person who are not very nice to people like you. Just ignore them. :roll:

Anyway, I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

WELCOME! Your funny :) I am Deaf and people say similar things to me even know I grew up oral. "If you are Deaf how can you speak?" then they think because I can read lips that I can actually hear. Ugh. lol

Back