Hello and Guten Tag from Bellevue, WA :)

Dshamilja

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a student from Germany (I study secondary education for English and German).
When I was 13, I taught Kiddie English at a Kindergarten near my high school. In my class, there was a little girl who is hard of hearing.
I generally love languages and the concept of sign language fascinates me. I thought I'd never get the chance to learn ASL, though, because I live in Germany and I wouldn't have known who to ask. However, I'll spend next year as a teaching assistant in Bellevue, WA. In my free time, I do get to sit in on classes, but my school doesn't offer electives so there's no ASL class....
So I guess what I'm trying to say is: I'm really glad I found this forum. And I was wondering if there's people out there (from the Seattle area) who would like to help me learn ASL. I think it's best to learn a language through natural conversation, not lessons, and that's what I'd love to do with ASL. What I can give you in return: German words, the world's most delicious lasagna, and lots of enthusiasm (I am very, VERY easily amused).
For me, words are living things. I write a lot in my free time so I've got to take good care of my words. I love the idea that words are actually "graspable" through ASL. Sorry if I'm not making any sense.
Things I like: children, cats, words, doing crazy fun things (like dinosaur face paint and stuff).
Okay, I guess that's it for now. Thank you so much for welcoming me here.
Best wishes,
S.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back