Hello, AllDeaf! I'm Ani!

Ani

Reaction score
Hello! I'm Ani or Annie if you prefer. I'm 23 and I'm from the US, way down south. I am hearing but want to learn ASL because I LOVE learning about other languages and other cultures. I also like speaking with my whole body, not just my mouth. I prefer to also use my hands, eyes, facial expressions, ect to tell a story or get my point across. I'm only just now beginning to learn sign language and don't know much at all. I am going to attend ASL classes at a nearby school for the Deaf and Blind in February and I'm really excited about it. In the meantime I am learning as many signs as I can and I like to use them as much as possible. I sign with my child an just learned that I know someone who is learning ASL as well so I hope to sign with them. I have downloaded some apps for signing and I also use signing savvy's website along with my toddler's signing time videos and YouTube videos from deaf and hard of hearing people. What resources for learning should I know about? Also if you know of any resources for glossing (I think this is the term) song lyrics into something I could actually sign, that would be great. I have some favorite songs that I really want to sign but don't know how to. I would also like to sign children's songs to my son. So hello to everyone here and thanks in advance to all those willing to help me learn this beautiful and expressive language. Hope you are all enjoying the holidays!

-Ani

Hi Ani,
have you tried looking at lifeprint.com .
It has a wide variety of signs and even free online lessons. I am currently trying to learn ASL myself, and already after four of the lessons they have on the website, I know a lot of the basic signs.
Hope this helps.

Back