Hello All!

Mommakat

Reaction score
Hello! I am a mother of 3 wonderful boys. 11, and 3 year old twins. Our twins were deaf at birth, and until they were 17 months. Once they had tubes placed to drain all of the fluid, they have been hearing ever since. I am a beginning ASL student, and I am in love with deaf culture. I am not a shy person in general, until it comes to signing. I guess I am just afraid to look stupid? I look forward to talking to everyone on here, and I hope that everyone has a wonderful week!!

Kat

:ily:

Hi there, great to meet you! That's really fortunate that your kids had the fluid drained- I remember when I was a kid, there was a boy I knew who had had the same problem, but tey weer too late, or something, because his hearing was bad and he had to wear aids after that.

I'm also a shy signer (right now I'm working on my receptive skills, actual signing will come later haha), but it gets easier, plus it's fun!

Hope you enjoy your stay here! Feel free to contact me any time if you'd like to practice (I'm a super beginner), since we're in the same area (well I'm in MI but :P)

Toodles!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am always looking to communicate with people. Anything to broaden my language skills with ASL!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back