Hello all

Peej

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've just this minutes registered with AllDeaf and thought I should introduce myself formally and say hi.
I'm Paul, or Peej, from the UK and have been loosing my hearing to Otosclerosis for about 20 years. I'm at the point now where, if I don't wear my aids, all is silent.

I have good days and bad days, as I'm sure we all do but even now, I still feel like I'm fresh coming to terms with being deaf.

I hoped to make some friends, share experiences, have a moan or a laugh and just generally chat without that pesky "lack of audio" getting in the way.

Hello Peej........WELCOME. Have fun reading different topics and getting to know us all.

What do you like to do for fun? Are you into sports at all? Hobbies?

Feel free to ask us questions. I know a few people on this site who have lost their hearing like you have. I personally lost all of my hearing overnight about 3 years ago. I have my CI and the other ear unaided. Hearing aids were not an option for me.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, guys.

Angel1989: Hmmm, Hobbies.... I like to draw cartoon strips. I have a few online but I'm starting afresh with a bunch of new characters.

I can remember the day that my hearing was noticeably worse quite vividly. For many years I lived a lie and pretended it wasn't happening. I cant imagine what an overnight loss must be like.

Back