Hello All

oompa2003

Reaction score
So I came across this message board and decided to join in. Originally I came looking for answers for a project i need to do. I like to talk and i tend to get a bit off topic. lets start at the basics. I'm i guess you can say hard of hearing. i've had surgery done ear when i was three some blue tubes were put in my ear. i don't know much about it and when i ask my parents about it they seem to not remember much either. anyways i started college a couple of years ago and had to take a language course and i didn't want to do the usual spanish of french or german so i took asl and i feel in love with it and decided to make it my major. as i got more and more into it i learned more about myself and how i'm on the middle of the fence stuck between two worlds. i spent many years in speech therapy and my speech well will never be perfect. i find it funny how many different places people think i come from and when they ask and i say about 45 minutes south from here and they look at me funny and ask where my accent comes from (i'm from california) i say it's a deaf accent. as a kid people thought i was from new york now as an adult i hear boston, Australia, new zealand, and england. my signing skills aren't perfect but i'm able to have a conversation in sign a very slow one but one none the less. anyways i think i've rambled long enough.

Welcome,
I understand about being middle of the road. I've been told I have a speech impediment. maybe misspelled lol.

Welcome..nice to see another Californian. There are amazing people here so I hope you enjoy being a member.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Back