hello all new and from NW pa.. and new to a place like this!

benjamin1254

Reaction score
hello all.... names ben..:wave: I started off ages ago when i was about 4 years old with a huge hearing problem and a great deal of loss in both my ears. One night when things got bad my ears were not functioning i had a savere loss of hearing. So much so that i had the tv on full blast and it seemed as if it was only up to what people call a "normal" level. At that time my mom came out to yell at me to turn it down but it was bad enough i couldent hear her even when she was yelling at me. That is when we had taken me to the ER and had said i was HOH and would by my 30's or so go deff in both ears. Since that time I have had a total of 17 full sets of ear tubes put in and my last eartube was set in my left ear at the age of ironicly 17. The doctor said "after this ben you will need to go about wanting to get a hearing aid because after this... we can no longer preform any surgeries on your ears." asking the doctor why... he said " well your ears look like there was a war going on inside them." after that i have not seen a doctor other then for me having anxiety attacks. I no longer have health care so this place will be almost a safe haven for me because of my sometimes extream amounts of hearing loss.

hey you I'm glad that you came to join me here now we just have to get you your ASL lessons :) anyone in warren pa , Ben her is a cool kid could use some contacts.

hey you I'm glad that you came to join me here now we just have to get you your ASL lessons :) anyone in warren pa , Ben her is a cool kid could use some contacts.

So you know Ben?

Hi Ben. :welcome:

Welcome, I'm new as well, However, I joined last year sometime, but I really just started coming in more and I have finally posted ! I would say I was a hearing person, but I know we are all deaf in some way. smile. My friends of many years ago where deaf and they where the best to be around and the best I have had. I miss them dearly. I have more interest in being among the deaf not because I can hear, but because they see life in a more beautiful way and are unique and walk to a different drum, which I find interesting and beautiful. I could continue with the beauty I see in being deaf but I will rest for now. Hope you enjoy and find some interest among the forums. I can't help to much in getting around and understanding how it works but I'm sure one of the long time members would be glad to share.

See you around !:wave:

Welcome to AllDeaf! :D

I can definitely relate to getting tubes, I've had 10 operations from the age of 4 to 12. I always hated those operations because of the severe pain that I would have after the operation, and with the drops. I always had such severe pain with the drops that I would freak out just to have 1 drop or anything in my ears many years after. I think the trauma was quite much for me. Then at the age of 9 my left ear drum blew out, had to get that replaced. Ah the fun it is to grow up with hearing problems. Such a joy.

Back