Hellboy 2 Trailer

I saw the trailer a couple days ago... yay!

I have the first movie and both animated movies on DVD. :)

I saw the trailer a couple days ago... yay!

I have the first movie and both animated movies on DVD. :)

Tell me, are the animated films worth renting or buying? I saw them in stores, etc, but never got around to sitting down and watching them. Does it 'fill in' any blanks between the two films??

Tell me, are the animated films worth renting or buying? I saw them in stores, etc, but never got around to sitting down and watching them. Does it 'fill in' any blanks between the two films??
It only fills in the blanks for the characters, not much for the story/history. Watching the animated series might make you feel like you understand the characters more before watching the sequel.

Think of it this way... in the first Hellboy movie, the girl was inactive and scared. In the second Hellboy movie, she's very active. If you were to watch both movies, one after another, you might feel funny seeing her go from inexperienced to experienced suddenly. Well, the animated series might help you get used to the characters more before the second movie.

It's almost like the Star Wars animated series. After Star Wars: Episode II, they made an animated series called Star Wars: Clone Wars. That story is also known as Star Wars: Episode 2.5. From episode 1 to 2, Anakin went from a little boy with no training to a teenager with some training. From episode 2 to 3, Anakin went from a teenager with some training to an impatient & experienced Jedi. The animated series filled in mostly on Anakin's training and little on the storyline between episodes 2 and 3.

I'll have to watch the animated series again and get back to you later on that. ;)

Back