Heeeey!!!

sweetpea13

Reaction score
Hey there :wave:

My name is Jessica!! I was wondering if there are any Deaf or HoH friends that live anywhere near the Twin Cities or Bloomington MN?!

Here is a little background on me:

I grew up with Deaf neighbors so by the age of 3 I was fluent in ASL. When they moved away I had no one to sign to anymore so I lost most of it :( Now I go to College and have just finished ASL 2. I'm taking ASL 3 in the fall and hope to get my ASL Certificate in the spring of 2013. I will graduate with a Deaf Studies minor too :) I'm an Anthropology Major too. I hope to become an interpreter and a Forensic Anthropologist, although interpreter seems to be more fun and easier to do, but we'll see :) I was wondering of how to get connected with the Deaf Community here in the Cities or in Duluth (where I attend school). I'm so excited to be here and I can't wait to meet y'all!!!

<3

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I used to live in Minnesota being an Native American living in the bush about 50 miles north from Brainerd, Minnesota. I also attended both mainstream elementary and high school in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

I left Minnesota in 1970 to move to New Mexico and then my family (my mother and my sister plus my sister's children all moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico). My mother had now deceased. My sister now live in Santa Fe, New Mexico with her 3rd husband. Her children (3) and my only son with his family all live in Albuquerque, New Mexico still there. :lol:

Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back