Heather Whitestone or Marlee Matlin?

I have no idea who meet Heather in a person. They might start to argue with Heather over oral and not use ASL. If you're in Gallaudet University. You might not hear from anybody talk about her.

I was a Gallaudet student when she got implanted and some posters here said that the Deaf community was in an uproar over it when she got implanted. Well, that wasnt the case in my experience at Gallaudet. Like I said, I dont really think people really care what Heather does in her personal life.

Honestly, I admire Marlee more for her talent than looks.

I've met deaf women that are prettier than both combined.

Hi guys!:wave: I haven't been to this forum for quite sometime now. That's because I have been blogging for the deaf community in the Philippines. My blog is entitled: Filipino Deaf from the Eyes of a Hearing Person..

My latest blog post is about these two popular icons of the deaf world. Want to know your thoughts. Thanks. :ty:

Here is the link: Heather Whitestone or Marlee Matlin?

I like Matlin Marlee better because she is still involving with deaf and hearing communities and she even using ASL. I noticed Heather Whitestone is leaning to oralism. I think her parents used to pressure her by using oral communication. Well, that is unfortunately. She attended Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, Alabama. Some of my friends knew Heather very well. She signed ASL by communicating with some of my friends while her parents were far away. But her parents visited with her, she used oral communication while her parents were here with her. I couldn't understand why she hid beautiful ASL behind her back. I respect her in every way she wanted to do. I noticed her wearing cochlear. She wanted to be happy so she can hear some noise background and from her children, too. Well, that is why I like Marlee Matlin is more balanced in both deaf and hearing world.

I like Matlin Marlee better because she is still involving with deaf and hearing communities and she even using ASL. I noticed Heather Whitestone is leaning to oralism. I think her parents used to pressure her by using oral communication. Well, that is unfortunately. She attended Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, Alabama. Some of my friends knew Heather very well. She signed ASL by communicating with some of my friends while her parents were far away. But her parents visited with her, she used oral communication while her parents were here with her. I couldn't understand why she hid beautiful ASL behind her back. I respect her in every way she wanted to do. I noticed her wearing cochlear. She wanted to be happy so she can hear some noise background and from her children, too. Well, that is why I like Marlee Matlin is more balanced in both deaf and hearing world.

I agree with you there. That's what Ms. Heather exactly told us doing here visit here in our country. She was "pressured" by her mother into learning how to speak by talking behind her. She needs to reply correctly to whatever her mom would ask otherwise, she has some sort of punishment. She was grateful that her Mom disciplined her that way. But in my opinion, it's some form of a maltreatment.

Here is the link on my personal experience about Heather: Heather Whitestone or Marlee Matlin?

That's too bad cuz not everyone in the Deaf community do that. In my experience with the Deaf community, nobody talks about her at all. Like I said before, I dont think they really care cuz they have their own lives to worry. :dunno:

bingo. i personally dont know anyone who gives a fuck either. Its so overrated. I mean Whitestone made personal choices based on what she thinks is right for herself. Nobody asked her to be a role model for ASL based deafies in america. Its jealousy based on success from my POV.

Back