Heath Ledger won Oscar!!

sara1981

Reaction score
i watch Oscar this evening and its touch for his family but his parents and his sister come to Oscar.

when i watch on tv his parents and his sister's speech its makes me tears if Heath Ledger would alives today to awards and his family kept behalf for Heath's awards inclde SAG and Golden Globes.

that Oscar awards going to Heath's daughter Matilda

everybody was crying, i think.

I cried too..I was too excited about it that I posted in the Lounge..I'm glad someone made a Thread about it..

I missed it, but I'm very glad that Heath's work did not go unnoticed simply because he passed away, but perhaps its more noticed because of it.

Heath is much loved and will be missed by many.

It's very sad for his family. I am glad that they got to see him honored.

I read the article on news.com.au just after I returned to office from uni, and it was great. We, australians are very proud of Heath Ledger and he has done a excellent job in acting in the Dark Knight and I am sure that Matilda will have the complete and full understanding why the oscar is very important when she gets older. :cool2:

I think that is neat.

Quick question: Is Matilda living in Australia or in the United States?

Not to sound like a horrible person, but a question comes to mind...
Would he have won this award if he had not died?

1 - Matida resides with her mother in the US.
2 - The oscar will be won to Heath Ledger if he was alive. Since he had done an excellent job in the movie, nonetheless.

i read Actress Michelle Williams's profiles that her daughter was born in NYC (New York City) in USA

and she was born in Kalispell, Montana in USA but she not born outside of USA

When Heath died and Michelle care of her daughter to raise as single mom

I am so happy that Heath won! He was a really good actor....may he rest in peace!

:grouphug:

It is indeed great that he has won...seems like it is his very last reward.

May he rest in peace. He will be missed dearly. :(

Really! I can't believe that Heath won it. I missed Oscar on TV. :( I was early to go to bed because I was very tried of driving trip for Indianapolis last weekend.

I don't think Heath would have been nominated for a Oscar for TDK if he was alive.
Sure he did a amazing job in this movie but ... I really didn't think the Academy would give a Oscar to actors playing roles in action blockbusters.

He died suddenly at a young age and the media has been glorifiying him since then. :(
Everyone was like... "Did you seen TDK? The actor who died months ago is playing there!"

Well - I still congratulated him and his family. That's really sad... and very kind to give the Oscar to his daughter.
Heath was one of my favorite actors - I liked him very much in Brokeback Mountain and Candy. :)

I don't think he deserved the award...yeah, go ahead and throw rotten tomatoes at me...he is a good actor but the qualities he presented in this film weren't as great as it could have been.

I think for political reasons they felt obligated to give him the award because so many people expected them to do it.

*running away from rotten tomatoes*

I read an article which mentioned that Oscar award will give to Heath's daughter Matilda when she will be 18yrs old.

Back