Heat Wave

RichardDeaf

Reaction score
God! What a HOT week in southeast Virginia. Mercury hit 99 around 7pm tonight which broke high record from 1899.. Its not even summer yet!!

Anyone hot elsewhere?? While my friend in Moscow is chilling his butt off at 37 degree.

We are hot here in MD too but I spent the day away from the heat in Ocean City. Just got back to some pretty serious thunderstorms...

It is hot here and HUMID! Thank god for what??? CENTRAL A/C! :giggle: We had bad thunderstorm few days ago and killed our Oak tree. :( We had to cut it down! We'll buy new tree later but dunno when.

Hell yeah it was totally hot weather in SouthEastern, Virginia where I live. 100 here but the heat inex was 110 was pretty bad. I decided not to go to the Habor Feast for the weekend but the good part is I can still watch the fire works outside my front porch. Whew. But I have no patience to walk in this weather and drag my child in the heat wave. I had to bring my pets in the house to keep the cool to avoid heat stroke. It be hot again twm and this week.

Very hot, any strong storms and tornados in Midwest. Wednesday night a tree size branch fell in a storm, flattened a big section of our chain link fence. Had to rebuild.

Very hot, any strong storms and tornados in Midwest. Wednesday night a tree size branch fell in a storm, flattened a big section of our chain link fence. Had to rebuild.

I have watched the news about lot of strong storm and torandos going around lately even in Virginia. But we also have to prepare for hurricanes as well ahhh yikes!:cool2::shock::aw:

It's been hot here going into the high 90's as well and very humid. Yesterday and today, it was between 95 to 99 degrees. I can't stand the humidity.

I fear it could be much more hotter in July/August.

Hell yeah it was totally hot weather in SouthEastern, Virginia where I live. 100 here but the heat inex was 110 was pretty bad. I decided not to go to the Habor Feast for the weekend but the good part is I can still watch the fire works outside my front porch. Whew. But I have no patience to walk in this weather and drag my child in the heat wave. I had to bring my pets in the house to keep the cool to avoid heat stroke. It be hot again twm and this week.

I was planning to watch firework tonight but too hot for me.. Sound like you are on Portsmouth side from waterfront.. Nice! Hopefully next year Haborfest will be cooler..

In here, the temp is 52 -- cooler and it looks like it is going to rain. This week it is going to be around 55 to 60 in degree. :)

Juneau is famous for raining because of its coastal. :lol:

It's already in the mid 90s in my area.

I remember years ago when we had over 60 days straight of 100+ weather! Whew!

I just gonna have to say thanks god summer is over. It was the first time I ever experienced a heat wave in Australia... a 114 F degrees. :wave: summer for now.

Do you get "dry" heat in summer? I used to live in Spokane when I was teenage and dry heat is better than humid heat..

sheesh I would rather be in "dry" heat all day... humid Heat is like being in sauna... u be in there before?... sheesh it was so horrible!... lol

it's been hot around here at texas. the heat index was I guess... maybe 200 Deg.. ha ha... seriously.. I had to stay in to enjoy my AC.... and pleny of popsickle

I just gonna have to say thanks god summer is over. It was the first time I ever experienced a heat wave in Australia... a 114 F degrees. :wave: summer for now.
So, you've got Fall and Winter coming up now? Nice.

102 today. I actually burned my hand touching the doorknob of my outside door - had to get it treated. OUCH.

In mid-July, I'm going to crack eggs on the sidewalk to see if they actually cook. My friends who grew up in this city said that the eggs really cook. Yikes.

So, you've got Fall and Winter coming up now? Nice.

Yep, it's winter now... the differences is, the winter here is warmer which is 70 degrees for high and low 44 degrees. (sometimes get high 78 degree for a day or two). But I do miss the chilly freezing winters.

Back