Heart Breaking, we have to downsize our HORSE family

Jasmine4lakshmi

Reaction score
Due to the economy as it is at the moment, my family is facing hardships in caring for our horses. We made a decision that is is best for our horses if we find them homes where people can care for them better than we can. Two of them in particula are stallions.

Allow me to describe them.

Spirit, named after the Spirit cartoon movie, is 5 years old and has a gentle kind soul. He's a Buskskin paint and is 3/4 Arabian. Though he isn't broke to

ride, he is halter broke and could be trained easily. His temperment is AWESOME!! He befriends other horses, even mares and foals very easily and other

animals too. His latest best friend is a dog, and they play and sleep together. It's fun to watch them, he lets the dog jump up on him and they play.

Spirit seems content just being with other horses and he likes to talk.

Spirit was originally named Chikko but I named him Spirit and he became my horse. I had to move away and can no longer play with him and my dad can not

afford to keep him and some others he has. We are asking 500.00 for him though he's worth more. He is a stallion and can be used for breeding as well. I

would really like to find a good home for him. If you would like to see more pictures or set up a meeting let me know.

Santuary Phoenix is one of the prideful purebred Egyption Arabian stallion, he's black and is high quality. He is by Albaraki out of Eternal Grace and the

register number is 0605116. Phoenix, for short is also a very fun horse with a great personality. He's got such potential and just recently started

breeding. He is 4 years old, not a very large horse, and broke to ride. He will throw mostly black foals. Phoenix is very friendly, has no problem coming

up to you to get lovings, feed, and he likes carrots. My dad loves him so much but with so many head of horses to feed we had to make a choice of selling

some. Phoenix is special, and since he is a registered purebred with quality bloodlines, we are asking more for him and possibly breeding rights. Not a for

sure thing yet. I want a good home for him. If you ae interested and would like to make an appointment to see him or Spirit, email me.

Thanks DeAnne

I would love to own a horse but I heard that it is very expensive and time consuming to care for one?

Aw, I would love to have some horses but no place for them to staying at where I'm living at right now plus money issues right now :(

Horses are a little time consuming, but not as much as you think. Caring for one horse is easy. Caring for 30 or more horses is not. lol. Please keep me in mind if you know someone who wants one.

Horses are a little time consuming, but not as much as you think. Caring for one horse is easy. Caring for 30 or more horses is not. lol. Please keep me in mind if you know someone who wants one.

I know that Horses are very easy to taking care of but for money issues like.. Food, vet, stuffs and etc for Horses, wow MONEY! Since I used to own two horses on my own but my best friend's ex wife sold them without my permission. :( I would like to own one or two horses in one day.

Oh No .. I am sorry about it! You re not alone! Many of the people give away horses.. My friends put their oldest healthly horses to sleep instead send to auction for meat!! uh!!!

I cannot image myself selling my horse Rosie. I got her when she was 5 months old filly and now 9 years old! In addition, Have another two Shetland ponies.. I do mind to take one of your horse but cost transports too much because I am thinking about buying a deaf horse in Texas to Massachusetts cost me 1500.00!!! However, a lady willing reduced his price from 1000. To 400.00! :hmm:

I am only pay 50.00 a monthly for all foods, grain and other.. I do myself deworming and some trim their hoofs! Vet only come every spring time to give them a shot with four ways and rabies also float their teeth cost me 150.00 once a year!

This spring I am looking for show amha miniatures and trail horse because my rosie is very apprehensive on the trails!!! :squint:

Try this website

Arabian - Sales.com - Arabian Horses for sale - classifieds, Half - Arabians, Pintos

Horses for Sale | Horse Classifieds, Pictures, Trailers & Advertising | Equine.com

DreamHorse.com - Horses for Sale - Dream Horse Classifieds

Good luck...

If you need any talk or question and pm me ok smile * I am owner horses for 24 years!

Phillips

That is so sad, I am really sorry that you must sell your animal family..... :(

If you need some places you might have success finding good homes for them, just pm and I will see what I can do. Thank you a bunch!

Gabi

My heart aches for you having to downsize your horse family. My boyfriend's parents have 2 horses themselves and I love going over there to feed them and give them treats. They also have 2 feral cats that live in the barn so I feed them extra scoops of cat food! It is zero degrees outside so those poor things are cold. I hope you are able to find a good family to take in your horses.

That is so sad, I am really sorry that you must sell your animal family..... :(

If you need some places you might have success finding good homes for them, just pm and I will see what I can do. Thank you a bunch!

Gabi

It makes me want to cry because it is just to much to handle. My dad has too many horses and we had to make the decision of what is best for the horses. They deserve to be well taken care of and loved.

My heart aches for you having to downsize your horse family. My boyfriend's parents have 2 horses themselves and I love going over there to feed them and give them treats. They also have 2 feral cats that live in the barn so I feed them extra scoops of cat food! It is zero degrees outside so those poor things are cold. I hope you are able to find a good family to take in your horses.

Thank you AlleyCat. You sound like me, an animal lover. lol. At my dads we have dogs, cats, horses, chickens, we even had llamas at one time. Ferrets, and of course the wild critters.

Mod's Note:

Both threads has been merged.

I merged both threads because it consist the same issue.

Jasmine - It really sucks when you guys have to downsize the horse family. My father owns 6 horses himself and I've basically grew up being around with horses. I hope you'll be able to find a good home for your horse.

Mod's Note:

Both threads has been merged.

I merged both threads because it consist the same issue.

Jasmine - It really sucks when you guys have to downsize the horse family. My father owns 6 horses himself and I've basically grew up being around with horses. I hope you'll be able to find a good home for your horse.

Thanks Jolie77, I appreciate that.

Back