hearing student learning ASL looking for friends to help learn ASL

DemeJ

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a college student in my second semester at a community college. I am enrolled in my schools ASL and interpretation program. This is my second semester in the program. I am looking for friends in the Deaf community who are willing to help me learn ASL. I am a very shy person and have several disabilities that include seizures.
Please if you are willing to be my friend and help me learn your language I would greatly appreciate it!

Wirelessly posted

Hello! Im hearing & a first year student. Welcome to alldeaf! As a student, i can say these forums have tons of great topics. I learn something new everytime im on here :)

Hi Devyn231. I am learning a lot here too. If you ever want to chat on skype or gmail my screen name is demecjackson on both sites

Do you mind if I messaage you?
I'm learning ASL and I'd like to chat with you sometime; I am hearing

Last edited:
Same here. Im starting my second year and beginning my intership through school, im always looking for people to talk to and sign with. Im trying to take in as much as i can.

Dosfish33 on skype if anyone ever gets bored ;)

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. It has been a busy week at school. Yes I would love to skype with you all. I have a midterm coming up in my ASL class and I could use all the practice I can get.

Do any of you mind learning ASL along with me? I just lost my hearing and am having trouble adapting, and learning a new language hasn't been easy at all.

Back