Hearing School

TTT

Reaction score
erase

Last edited:
Mmmkay :ugh2: I went to mainstreamed school (hearing school with deaf program). I could break many rules whatever I wanted at high school in resulted that I got suspended twice and went to detention room many times like hearing people did.

Of course, there were no restrictions at a hearing school unlike deaf schools because people like me and you live nearby (no dorms). :doh:

You implied that hearing guys are the best.. care to eloborate that? Did they give you oral sex or what? :ugh2:

My high school is voted as the best school in NE Ohio and education there is not that easy. I think your high school gave you easy ways before attending Gallaudet.

Dorms are always stupid....
if I have kids, I would tell them to go college nearby...
Because Dorms were for people who didn't have college nearby
long time ago or because of no cars.
I live in a dorm here at college and love it. The experiance of living in a dorm has really made me stronger and more independant. I love love it that there's always kids hanging out and I have met some awesome wonderful friends here.

Yeah perhaps. I know my apartment girls have been having issues with that (they have a private bathroom and kitchen, and they are always and I mean ALWAYS fighting over stuff like that) But living in a traditional dorm is wicked fun. I love all the random conversations that I get into.....I love all the trips and things....I swear I don't think I'll ever ever forget that time when my dorm had a Virgin Margirita and Karoke night and me and my boyz were singing " American Pie" and "Hotel California"! I was about ready to bust my gut laughing!

Do you know what TTT means ?

Answer: Things Take Time ! :)

I know a guy who was at Gallaudet since 1988 to 2003....
He was at Gallaudet for 15 years!!!!

All I want to do is do 4 years in College.... I don't want
to stay at Gallaudet or other colleges FOREVER and party party party
It took him almost twenty years to graduate?!?!?! WOW! How could that be possible?!?!?!?!

TTT said:
He party party party all the time...
that is why he was in college for a lonnnng time. :cool:
Wow! How can he afford that? Does he have a good paying job? Most of the students I know are always struggling financially.

Ah, I had a real rant to say to TTT, but I'm gonna refrain from saying it. Suffice it to say, TTT, figure out if staying at Gally is worth it or just MOVE ON and find a "hearing school" that fits you.

Dennis said:
Ah, I had a real rant to say to TTT, but I'm gonna refrain from saying it. Suffice it to say, TTT, figure out if staying at Gally is worth it or just MOVE ON and find a "hearing school" that fits you.

NOT Gally only one choose. There have several Deaf program with hearing mainstream college if you are interest in. For example, RIT (Rochester Institute of Tech), CSUN (California State University at Northridge), St. Paul Technology College, and more. You may find the website finding deaf programs in colleges. Gally is very strongly Deaf culture but its not like hearing mainstream what you had done in the high school. Mostly Deaf school who done through and they will use it with Gally system. I grew up with mainstreaming classes and Deaf school. Finally I grad at MSSD. MSSD's system is similar to Gally's system that their requirement courses. They can't let students option choose courses. Just for your information.

Good luck

TTT said:
They worked at Gallaudet.
Some work as security guard assistances, some wear uniforms and some
work behind desks.
Other deaf people work as Residence Advisors.
Other deaf people work at the Abbey or Cafeteria, they served
sandwiches and stuff like that. Some other deaf students work
as tutors... whatever they can do to earn money.
Some work as janitor assistance, they have to take out trash and
clean up places or do yard work.

I never got to do those things... because I can afford College tuition.

Remember all the people live different environment which it will not all the same. Some people grows with poor or rich life. You can't judge them as unbelieveable!!! If you can afford to pay the tution which its very good for you. You can have option to do what you want expenses. Some people who can't afford to pay therefore they will have some limit resources for their expenses.

People who stay and party at colleges and universities beyond a period where they would had graduated by then is a major loser, period.

Back