Hearing pill !!!

Sorry honey, as great as it would be, No hearing pills. I have read research about regenerating hearing nerve cells. As of yet they have only done it in mice, but the work is proceeding.

(^^ didnt know you replied here)
back to topic

imagine you are shopping then waiting at the counter in the supermarket then after some noisy background rumble (carpenter banging nails perhaps?) then the attendent says how much you owe for the food items , then Oh! you cant hear, hold on a second lift out of pocket a packet of "Hear Again" slip out 2 chewable/lollie pills as direct plopp 2 in swallowed....ZING!! effect took place so fast 30 seonds you suddenly can hear again , as you blurted "Sorry about that i had to have the "Hear Again": pills...smiles (not included in the grocery its prescribed... OK sorry about the explanation....um..What the amount i owe you?" then you smiled as you can Hear again

LOL its ridiculous.....

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.321 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/122)

I could imagine few hearing people who become deaf later on in their life...

Taking 4 times a day of "hearing pills".

Now what if they become immune to hearing pills and it no longer works... last resort probably be stem cell or CI or Hearing aid.

What you posted though is not that. What you posted sounds like a scam. The active ingredient in that pill is n-acetylcysteine, which is used, clinically, to treat respiratory conditions with excessive and/or thick mucus production not hearing loss or conditions that result in hearing loss.

Acetylcysteine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually the Navy is doing this research on NAC (N-ACETYL CYSTEINE)

"Animal studies suggest that NAC may help prevent noise-induced hearing loss. [25] A clinical trial to determine efficacy in preventing noise-induced sensorineural hearing loss in humans is currently (2006) being jointly conducted by the US Army and US Navy."

There also gene research ongoing to help the damaged hear cells to repair itself. Both NAC and the gene therapy have to be started within one week or so after exposure to Noise-induced damage to hearing otherwise the hair cells will die out beyond repair. Not a great deal of help for people born with hearing loss or from other causes of hearing loss.
This is a bit different from Stem cells research where you are trying to grow new hair cells.

"Animal studies suggest that NAC may help prevent noise-induced hearing loss. [25] A clinical trial to determine efficacy in preventing noise-induced sensorineural hearing loss in humans is currently (2006) being jointly conducted by the US Army and US Navy."

There also gene research ongoing to help the damaged hear cells to repair itself. Both NAC and the gene therapy have to be started within one week or so after exposure to Noise-induced damage to hearing otherwise the hair cells will die out beyond repair. Not a great deal of help for people born with hearing loss or from other causes of hearing loss.
Yes, I knew there was something like that. The armed forces are very interested in this since NIHA is the leading cause of disabilty in the army.

This is a bit different from Stem cells research where you are trying to grow new hair cells.

That is correct. It works for those who "damaged" their hearing due to noise. It would be a scam if they market to deaf and hoh that cannot be repaired.

It would be a scam if they market to deaf and hoh that cannot be repaired.
Well they are kind of doing that already. They are promoting this and stem cells, without adding the additional information, that it will probaly only benifit certain types of hearing loss.
Look at this wonderful miricle of science. YAY......In a few years NO more hearing loss. But they don't mention that it will mostly benifit late deafened folks. The etoilogies of late deafend folks and born dhh folks tend to be totally different.
I do think its a good thing, since late deafened folks tend to view hearing loss as a big downside. And it DOES impair their day to day functioning.

it would be nice if it went thor for people with sudden damage , I am guessing it will be a pill to halep regrow the haird on the inside of the ear or something like that.

it would be nice if it went thor for people with sudden damage
Well, I think that the medical cures will most likely benifit late deafened folks. The reason there's so much excitement about things like stem cells and hearing pills is b/c late deafened people make up the largest population of people with hearing loss.

The Ingredients in The Hearing Pill® are: N-acetyl Cysteine, Rice Flour, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide and Gelatin. Does not contain yeast, starch, artificial flavor, chemical solvents or preservatives.

Doing the research on these items is easy enuff if one were so inclined.

N-acetyl Cysteine is primarily used as a mucus thinner. Also used in aspirin overdoeses and other applications to reduce pnuemo type edema ( envolves swelling like of of water retention.

Once in yer system and this excess mucus is thinnned out I wonder where it goes? Does it make you pee more :)

The rice flour is a filler ( bunch of crap) no health benefit here

Magnesium stearate This is nothing but harmless powder to keep everything from sticking together while packing these ingrediants into pill form. But putting it in the pill is counter productive because it helps block absorbtion in the intestines.

" magnesium salt, is a white substance which is solid at room temperature. It has the chemical formula Mg(C18H35O2)2. It is a salt containing two equivalents of stearate (the anion of stearic acid) and one magnesium cation (Mg2+). Magnesium stearate melts at about 88 °C, is not soluble in water, and is generally considered safe for human consumption[citation needed]. Because it is widely regarded as harmless, it is often used as a diluent[1] in the manufacture of medical tablets, capsules and powders (E470b).[2] In this regard, the substance is also useful because it has lubricating properties, preventing ingredients from sticking to manufacturing equipment during the compression of chemical powders into solid tablets; magnesium stearate is the most commonly used lubricant for tablets.[3] The use of magnesium stearate in nutritional supplements is somewhat counterproductive in that it interferes in the absorption of nutrients by coating the intestines. "

Titanium Dioxide : now this is funny to see this here because i work with this stuff in my profession. ( I design stains ) This is a pigment for making colors. Nothing more.

This pill is a bunch of Hooooaw crap. I doubt there is a patent as claimed and and best it will give you a slight case of the runs and possibly cotton mouth if you notice anything at all. I wonder if the FDA knows about this stuff? I'm not sure but I think they'd be interested to know this is a bogus over the counter scam.

When you think its too good to be true it probably is. Therefore always do a little research and you'll find some jackass is trying to bilk the hopes of hearing impaired people in the form of money and our seeming gullability.

Back