Hearing people on alldeaf

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
Who here is hearing and not an interpreter, parent of deaf kid or taking asl courses? :hmm:

I can't think of anyone.. :smoking:

people who are in relationships with us... or just want to be.

or, as Sallylou pointed on on another thread... these people

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Why are you deaf people so defensive? I'm a nice hearie. I only want to study you like you're a different species or an interesting specimen. Why won't you let me do that? etc.

Or the ones who think deaf culture is SO freaking cool and tReNdY!

people who are in relationships with us... or just want to be.

or, as Sallylou pointed on on another thread... these people

Yeah. Sallylou isn't hearing.. She used to be hearing and I think the above sentence was intended as a parody of some hearie's attiudes towards us.

Some of those kids who watched Switched at Birth....

Or those girls who come along and start yapping about how sign is SO cool, and how they want to teach speshal needs kids with it. Or the ones who are interested in sped, and wrongly assume that deaf ed and sped is the same thing.

Or those girls who come along and start yapping about how sign is SO cool, and how they want to teach speshal needs kids with it. Or the ones who are interested in sped, and wrongly assume that deaf ed and sped is the same thing.

:lol: I kind of enjoy those. My only friend in junior high and high school was one!

And she did have a successful life as a special ed teacher. She died of cancer a few years ago.

I'm a special education major in college, and I guess I'm technically hearing because my hearing is very good in the higher frequencies. But I know that Special Education is not Deaf education, except in the few cases where there is some overlap. You send these yappy girls my way. This special education teacher will help straighten them out.

Me. Boy, it's a lonely place for this non parent of deaf child/non CODA/non stupid question asking, non student hearie....

Before mid-August, I wasn't taking ASL courses (though I had taken them before). I joined because I was planning on going into Deaf ed and my Senior Project's topic was deaf ed (which was later converted to sign language).

Me. Boy, it's a lonely place for this non parent of deaf child/non CODA/non stupid question asking, non student hearie....

oh yeah
bejeez. Besides you, TCS and Ocean, I can't really think of any of the regulars, totally racking my head and it comes out blank.

Back