Hearing girl with a passion for ASL.

andichristine

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Miranda, but a lot of people call me Andi. [side note: I got that nickname a few years ago when I took an ASL class because it was easier to fingerspell :P]

I'm 21 years old and I live in California. I've always loved ASL and the deaf culture; my mom took ASL in college and almost became an interpretor. We also had some deaf neighbors growing up. In addition, I was in a girl scout type group for homeschooled girls and there was an ASL badge that we all worked on with the help of my mom; this included visiting a deaf school.

I just love the language and I'm pretty rusty since it's been a while so I'd love to meet people, hearing and non-hearing, who I could practice with; if any are nearby, maybe we can meetup and sign in person? :]

I can't wait to talk to you all soon!
- Andi

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I am glad that your mom took ASL in college. Now you are following her footsteps in learning to sign and visit a Deaf school. :cool2: I would love to have many hearing people visit a Deaf school or a sign language program in the mainstream school (having an ASL interpreter and be in socially with other deaf students in ASL).

Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back