Hearing Girl Who Wants To Make Deaf Friends(:

Hello, what interests you about deaf people?

Everything, the culture, the language, the things deaf people have gone through amazes me:)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Oh... well being deaf sucks girls.

i joke.
I was born profound deaf, my parents tried hearing aids, but did not work so they got me implants at age 2 on my right (according to laws, i had to be 2), which broke a year later, and got reimplanted again on my right.
A few weeks ago, my right broke... again.
For my left, I got implanted 2 years ago but it never really got better with hearing, but I'm trying.

I will be going to the doctors tomorrow to make my final date for my surgy in a few weeks to replace my right with cochlear.

Life wise, I go to mainstream public education, been since 1st grade and i really adapted into the mainstream world, never learned to lip read or asl. But oddly enough people cant tell that I am even deaf so the implants have been a really big part of my life.

babseball boy i agree being deaf does suck....at least for me. id give my left nut to hear properly but my implant is the closest ill get to "normal" hearing and im in the same situation. Ive been told i dont sound deaf i just have a bit of a lisp... girls usually only find out i have an implant when we hook up and they start grabbing my hair....but most of the time ill just sneak that sucker into my pocket and have a fun night aha

Im a hearing girl as well, and I've already made a few Deaf friends on this forum so you girls are in for a treat! Hope to see you around :)

Im profoundly deaf too, and people dont even know i have cochlear implants and that im deaf. If you have made deaf friends, with implants, the things that work best are looking @ the person, repeating when they dont hear or understand and treat them like a hearing person. If they dont have implants, you could take a ASL class, or (this is easier) learn to cue. My mom does it when my CI's (cochlear implants)are off. Im sure you be able to make deaf friends. good luck! :)

Interested in helping someone to better understand deaf children ? I need help as I have met a large group of students in
Asia whom I need to correspond with in a classroom setting ...

Interested in helping someone to better understand deaf children ? I need help as I have met a large group of students in
Asia whom I need to correspond with in a classroom setting ...

PM me! It's my goal to work with the deaf in Asia and I am very interested.

Back