Hearing girl looking for deaf or HoH friend!

ChasingRainbows

Reaction score
Hey! My name is Jen and I am 24 years old.
I grew up in Chicago, IL and from age 12 to 21 (when I moved here to Arkansas) I was a bit of an angsty, socially awkward individual. Moving to the country really made a difference, I always hated the city and the way I lived my life reflected that, which caused me to go through a bunch of unnecessary crap in my life. Now that I'm here, my life has completely changed, and I love it. I just moved to a 31 acre farm and I am LOVING it. I was a couch potato for years and now that I'm here, nothing makes me happier than being outside with my fur-kids (2 cats, 2 goats, 2 horses, 3 pet mice, 1 rabbit, and 6 dogs--the rabbit, mice, and cats don't go outside and they like it that way lol), 4 wheeling, photographing everything that would make a decent picture, and I'm starting to get into running. When I'm not at home having fun, I have fun at work. I'm a nanny for a 5 year old goofball. I love the kiddo to pieces, but I am having to switch jobs for financial reasons (at my current job I don't even make minimum wage, and I am getting married in less than a year so I need a better job). In a couple of months I am hoping to go back to working for a friend who is a quadriplegic.
I have always been interested in ASL and the deaf community/culture and I just signed up for online courses. I'm enjoying learning it so far, but it's definitely harder than I thought it was going to be! Kudos to those that are fluent in it! I'm not giving up on it tho. The goal is to work with deaf and/or HoH kids (either in a classroom setting or as a nanny for a deaf/HoH child) in the future.
I am wanting to get involved in the deaf community and make friends.
Hopefully I can make some deaf friends who are comfortable around people who can hear. Despite my ramblings, I am pretty normal lol.
Let me know! :)

Last edited:
Since both threads that you posted an introduction and this thread are almost identical like a repeat. That's why 'duplicate' threads ended up deleted. You could restart a new thread with different way other than what you introduced or I can edit some of the post you made here to omit what is already said in your introduction thread. :)

I think that one was in the introductions and I realized it would be better suited in this section...is it still not allowed?

Back