Hearing from Columbus, Ohio

SpoBo86

Reaction score
I am not deaf, but I have a good friend who is partially deaf. I went to middle school with a group of deaf kids. I would always watch them sign to each other. I learned a few basic signs from them and their teachers. I have always wanted to learn more ASL. Now that I have reconnected with my high school friend, I have been looking up some signs on Handspeak.com and that's how I will tell him that I am learning it just for him.

I'm 25, I currently live on the Westside/Hilltop of Columbus, Ohio. My name is Symphony, I have a 2 year old daughter named Katie, she is a strange child so far... But, she is the sweetest, cutest little girl... As for me, I am 25, 5'7", 115lbs, currently my hair is dark brown and shoulder length.... I am trying to find a job, no luck yet... I was in school at Columbus State for Digital Photography and Anthropology... I'm not in school right now because I have to pay for some classes... I have been interested in learning more about American Sign Language ever since middle school... The movements and signs fascinate me... When I'm able to get back into Columbus State, I might see what I need to do to enroll in the ASL courses... Anything else, you can ask me..

I would like to meet someone who will be faithful, Honest, Trustworthy, Respectful, Kind, Loving, Romantic, Comforting, and most of all Understanding... Someone who can teach me about things... Someone who I can talk to about anything under the sun... Someone who wants to do what I want to sometimes... Someone who likes to take walks... Someone who can take maybe just 15 minute from the day to be a fun-loving kid again... Just someone who will like/love me for who I am and won't hide me from anything or anybody... Anything else, you can ask me..

SpoBo, Welcome! You may be interested in checking out some of the Deaf clubs in your area. It's a great place to meet Deaf and practice your sign language.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. This is not a dating forum here. This is a discussion or debate about our deaf perspectives. Many hearing people like you can learn about us and how to act around deaf people. You need to meet deaf people at the Deaf events in your area and make friends. You won't be lonely if you can sign pretty good to understand what they are saying. Just try to keep up in the sign language classes like ASL.

Now that you are here, I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back