Hearing Dogs/Cats

missLsej

Reaction score
Can anyone give me any advice on getting a hearing dog or cat?

I'm thinking of getting one (I am preferable to cats) and want to know about other ppls experiences.

Cats are cute and cuddly but I don't think they work well as dogs. Are you postive theres such thing as a 'hearing cat' I'm not trying to be rude, just I don't think I ever heard of a cat being used in the concept to assist a disabled person.

I know a few people who have hearing cats - not officially trained but do know when to alert the owner what's up. I would like a cat more because it is cute and cuddly.

What about a hearing dog? Any thoughts?

it can be as cat.. one of my old teacher that he was sleeping and his cat was jump and licking his face to wake him up then the cat get off the bed. He walk follow the cat to the door that person was knocked on the door. Wow that was amazing that he told us in the classroom.

I know not all the cat to be hearing cats :) but it can be ? :) :dunno:

I know a few people who have hearing cats - not officially trained but do know when to alert the owner what's up. I would like a cat more because it is cute and cuddly.

What about a hearing dog? Any thoughts?

I have a hearing dog, Snickers, part Akita-German Shepherd. She started out being my pet and went off pet status in the late winter-early spring 2002.

If you can training with ur dogs... teach ur dogs about knock the door or ring the phone anything dogs will let u know about baby cry, buzz on ur oven, laundry clothing, kettle is whistle, fire alarm lights training with ur dogs it is almost alike hearing ear dogs...... Why not?? teach ur dogs can do anything for u....

i had "hearing cat" he refused to leave me alone in the room he always stay with me and he get me to follow him to see what the noises was but he get me to follow way back to the room where i was ha ha

oh well i miss him around i lost him 2 years ago

Sorry you lost him. How did he become a "hearing cat" for you? Did it because?

Back