Hearing. But alone

Kassye

Reaction score
My name is Cassandra. I go by Kassye. I'm 20. I'm a singer and song writer. I play 5 instruments . I am also a dance teacher.
I have a 6 month old daughter.
A fiance who means the world to me. But no friends.
I sit at home alone almost all day with my baby. My fiance works in a different state every other month.
I have been teaching myself ASL the last few days and already have a lot memorized. I'm a very fast learner. I would really love if someone would take the time to Skype me and help me learn. Make friends in the process.

Sent from my LG-H631 using AllDeaf App mobile app

My name is Cassandra. I go by Kassye. I'm 20. I'm a singer and song writer. I play 5 instruments . I am also a dance teacher.
I sit at home alone almost all day with my baby. My fiance works in a different state every other month.
I have been teaching myself ASL the last few days and already have a lot memorized. I'm a very fast learner. I would really love if someone would take the time to Skype me and help me learn. Make friends in the process.

Interesting. What TV shows do you like?

Interesting. What make you want to learn ASL if you are hearing?

If you have the skills of playing the 5 instruments and being a dance teacher, you would be able to socialized with people like next door neighbor like in apartment or house. I assumed that you are living in apartment. You can make friends with one or two of them there. Learn to get to know them.

As for T.V. shows if you are not being active, just staying home with your baby, you can learn to practice signing by close captioned or listen to what actors were saying. Also there is a Signing Time probably in the morning or early afternoon. You have to look through the channel schedules.

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. :wave:

It isn't that simple. I live in a house. My fiance works out of state 6 months out of the year.

The area I live in is predominantly hispanic with a primary language of Spanish. I dont speak Spanish. On top of I have 2 speech impediments. And I am mostly deaf in my left.

I have 20% hearing in my left. And around 85% in my right. It's only getting worse. That's why I'm learning ASL.

Last edited:
I watch a lot of The Walking Dead. It's my favorite. Once Upon A Time. Drop Dead Diva.

ASL not at speed if want try BSL for something different.Why are you lonely you got so many things that jump start friendships with music dance and baby

My speech impediment plays a big role. I'm also a new mom. I don't have time to make friends.

If you have the skills of playing the 5 instruments and being a dance teacher, you would be able to socialized with people like next door neighbor like in apartment or house. I assumed that you are living in apartment. You can make friends with one or two of them there. Learn to get to know them.

As for T.V. shows if you are not being active, just staying home with your baby, you can learn to practice signing by close captioned or listen to what actors were saying. Also there is a Signing Time probably in the morning or early afternoon. You have to look through the channel schedules.

I live in a condo and people stay to their self here ,people don't like to try and made friends with people who live in close quarters that much anymore for a number of reason mostly they're too busy with their own life and don't to hear about other people problems . You made it sound like it's crime for a hearing person to want to learn ASL ! Damn first people whine that hearing people don't learn ASL so they can talk to deaf people
and when someone does try to learn they get jumped on. :roll:

To the OP , sorry you're feeling so alone , can try taking an ASL class and maybe you can practice with a classmate. I went with a friend and that helped but I moved and
had no to practice with and forget most of my I did learn. I am HOH.

My speech impediment plays a big role. I'm also a new mom. I don't have time to make friends.

it when you are a mum that can be start of many rich friendships..speech impediment is very hard but if people want friendship they have patience..many on here been new mums at sometime a baby do not stop that

I am not I'm school anymore. I am not I'm college.

And actually Caz. Its not easy at all. When you have a kid, people don't want to hang out. They suddenly are too busy to come over. They don't want to listen to your kid scream.
Its hard to get them loaded and loaded in the car. You do t want to take them anywhere for fear they will start throwing a tantrum.

It's really lonely. Having a kid is the loneliest thing I have ever gone through.

this what I thought....wdys I don't think Beb was jumping on you in fact I think you both saying samething from different perspectives

this what I thought....wdys I don't think Beb was jumping on you in fact I think you both saying samething from different perspectives

I don't feel jumped on. There are just a lot of factors that go into making friends.

Some people are comfortable talking. But I'm not. I'm comfortable on stage. I'm comfortable dancing.

I have also have a hard time hearing. I can hear. For the most part. 20% hearing in my left and 85ish% in my right. I have a bad stutter and a lisp.

I can't stutter with my hands. Maybe I do t be so nervous to talk to people this way.

May I ask where do you live like city and state? Maybe you can find ASL class to learn with a Deaf teacher.

But now you mentioned that you don't have time to make friends because you are taking care of your baby. Your husband is not available to be with you and your baby. So that is sad. Your husband should be there for you and to be responsible for your well being and your baby.

Just tell me where you live, okay?

It's not that he chooses to not be here. But he can't. He works on a tow boat in kentucky. 4 weeks on 4 weeks off.
I live in Dallas TX

Back