Hearing ASL student

celly37

Reaction score
I would like to get connected on oovoo or even skype (but prefer oovoo since we can get more people on at a time) with any ASL students or honestly anyone willing to sign with me! I have only completed ASL 1 and I just started ASL 2. I would like to become more fluent and comfortable signing and I really want to learn as much as I can so I can communicate with the deaf effectively!! Girls only please! Also if anyone has any tips on how i can better help my fiancee learn ASL I would love to hear them! He works at a hospital and he had a deaf patient not too long ago, and realized he really needs to learn ASL, he felt awful that he could not communicate with him almost at all. I dont really know how to teach him because i am still learning too :/ If anyone would be willing to skype or oovoo with us and teach us some signs that would be useful in a hospital situation we would really really appreciate it! <3

Hi celly37, Welcome to alldeaf:)

Maybe you can pick up a few signs on Welcome to DeafMD - DeafMD.org for your fiance.

I have a question for you, which is embarrassing I don't know by now, but how do sites like oovoo work? I use skype, and can't imagine how (on these other sites) you can videochat with more than one person at once. Do they split up your screen? (etc) I could just sign up, but I'd like to go in with some concept of what it is. Thanks!

dont be embarrased, i jsut got it yesterday and wasnt sure before that either, but it basically just makes a small box for every video chat (your can have up to 12 in a room) if you want to make a specific person bigger you can do so by clicking on them. So far I have only chatted with one person at a time, but i think a couple of us are going to sign together on saturday and then ill get to see what it is like with more then one person! :) so far i really like the layout and everything better then skype! its worth the download!

your welcome, and if you do end up downloading it, feel free to add me ... celly37... some of us will be on at 1or 2ish on saturday :)

Back