Hearing ASL Student in Montana! Wanting to Meet Deaf People and Other ASL Users!

JasmineR17

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Jasmine and I am interested in becoming an interpreter! I live in Montana and the Deaf population here is low, but there still is one. I currently work with one deaf person and I have such a blast signing with him all the time. I am most likely transferring to Western Oregon University next summer so it would be nice to meet some deaf people from around there as well. Thanks for reading!

Hi Jasmine, welcome.. I just found this site the beginning of this month actually. I replied to your other thread as well. I'm hearing too and finishing my associates in ASL interpretation this year. I'd really like the continue on and get at least my bachelors in it.. maybe even further. I'm lucky to have quite a few deaf friends. The deaf population seems to be pretty high here. :)

Hi! I'm Ivy and Im in my second year of ASL. I wasn't sure if your be interested in signing with a newbie, but if you're up for it I'm always looking to improve and practice!

Hi Jasmine!
I'm also an ASL major for interpretation. Nice to meet you and good luck with your schooling! It's such a beautiful language and I've met so many people in the Deaf community with caring hearts willing to teach you!

Back