Hearing and deaf do they belong together?

Reaction score
:wave: Hello my name is Ezra and I'm hearing person\Hard of Hearing and I'm almost 20,I live in the United States and I'm a transgender male who is very open minded to any kind of person. I'm I've started learning sign language when I dated a very sweet girl, sadly thing fell apart but I'm a very happy person, on a scale from 1-5 I'm about 2-3 in average with my signing but it's so fun learning, I always thought that we should all accommodate to everyone's needs

Question-We all have fights about this discussion, some say, it may even be a life long time of depression, the hearing person doesn't want to risk their child being deaf and being deaf why would you take your child identity away by giving them a cochlear, it kills Mr to think that there can never be a true balance, I would love some thoughts

-DeafeningSociety1413

:wave: Hello my name is Ezra and I'm hearing person\Hard of Hearing and I'm almost 20,I live in the United States and I'm a transgender male who is very open minded to any kind of person. I'm I've started learning sign language when I dated a very sweet girl, sadly thing fell apart but I'm a very happy person, on a scale from 1-5 I'm about 2-3 in average with my signing but it's so fun learning, I always thought that we should all accommodate to everyone's needs

Question-We all have fights about this discussion, some say, it may even be a life long time of depression, the hearing person doesn't want to risk their child being deaf and being deaf why would you take your child identity away by giving them a cochlear, it kills Mr to think that there can never be a true balance, I would love some thoughts

-DeafeningSociety1413

So you are not deaf and you don't have deaf children?

But you are worried about CI in deaf children?

So you have never been out in the community, and are just reading a bunch of old stuff, right?

Today there are many deaf/Deaf children with CI.

It doesn't take identity away anymore than a hearing aid, if they are raised with all the proper skills for coping. CI doesn't make one ASL immune or anything.

Just like with gender there is no black and white with being hard of hearing. Being HOH does NOT make you more hearing then Deaf...That's very audist... that's like saying having "those feelings" makes you more male then female.......

So you are not deaf and you don't have deaf children?

But you are worried about CI in deaf children?

So you have never been out in the community, and are just reading a bunch of old stuff, right?

Today there are many deaf/Deaf children with CI.

It doesn't take identity away anymore than a hearing aid, if they are raised with all the proper skills for coping. CI doesn't make one ASL immune or anything.

^ ^like

So you want to discriminate against deaf/hard of hearing children who happen to be born not the fault of their own. Just have to remember that children who are deaf or hard of hearing can do anything in the world except that they can not hear. What is so bad about being deaf or hard of hearing? Are you paranoid? Look at yourself as transgender male. You were being discriminate from people who don't approve of sex change from female to male. I don't mind you having to go through sex change. You are human and so are all of deaf and hard of hearing children.

We fight for our rights to get accommodations so that we can be able to understand hearing people like ASL or use text devices including door bell signalers, even Baby monitors with signalers. We have ways to get special devices for the deaf and hard of hearing. No big deal.

1z5kndx.jpg

So you want to discriminate against deaf/hard of hearing children who happen to be born not the fault of their own. Just have to remember that children who are deaf or hard of hearing can do anything in the world except that they can not hear. What is so bad about being deaf or hard of hearing? Are you paranoid? Look at yourself as transgender male. You were being discriminate from people who don't approve of sex change from female to male. I don't mind you having to go through sex change. You are human and so are all of deaf and hard of hearing children.

We fight for our rights to get accommodations so that we can be able to understand hearing people like ASL or use text devices including door bell signalers, even Baby monitors with signalers. We have ways to get special devices for the deaf and hard of hearing. No big deal.

*major like *

Ten to one, he's probably one of those people who sees things(such as gender) in strict black and white terms......The Dhh thing is a LOT more complicated....

Ten to one, he's probably one of those people who sees things(such as gender) in strict black and white terms......The Dhh thing is a LOT more complicated....

Yes, it is more complicated because hearing doctors including AGBell Foundation want so much for us to be hearing and think they can change us to be like them. We are not the only ones. We were being joined with other handicapped people especially the Blind who were being changed from braille to talking text or something from the technology devices. It is bad enough for the Blind who has not learn how to read Braille books. Sadly, things have changed a lot for them and for us having to be forced to do their bidding. They don't understand that we will never changed as we were put on Mother Earth for a reason. This is not going to make us 100% perfect. We will never be perfect. So hearing people have to get used to the idea of having to accept deaf, hard of hearing and other disabilities that we were born with or became late deafend or late blind or any late disabilities. Hearing people have to learn to accept that. All hearing people have to do is listen to their needs (like watch them doing their body language). Never ignore deaf child or hard of hearing child. They will tell you what they want and what they need.

Back