hearing aids while longboarding

longboarder01

Reaction score
I have two BTEs, but I hardly ever use them anymore. I have had ETD in both ears for several years due to allergies. It was like having a bad cold and everything sounded "muffled."

I got my allergies treated with shots, and my hearing has improved a lot. I still have a little tinnitus when the weather changes, but I feel pretty good otherwise.

I like to longboard, and sometimes I don't hear a car behind me. I am wondering if I should use my hearing aids when I am longboarding.

Sent from my XT1080 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Not clue what long board is but if you do it on public highway and if Ha help wear them.If accident and small children involved how you going to feel if could been avoided.I not sure you get much symahy.I not sure if law be on your side.Obviously if Ha make little difference that different.Sometimes have know limitations and maximise what you have not only for you but others

. . .

I like to longboard, and sometimes I don't hear a car behind me. I am wondering if I should use my hearing aids when I am longboarding.

You probably shouldn't be longboarding on the street anyway but if you must then you should face the traffic instead of having it behind you.

My favourite people not..I been sent flying by more than one

Not clue what long board is but if you do it on public highway and if Ha help wear them.If accident and small children involved how you going to feel if could been avoided.I not sure you get much symahy.I not sure if law be on your side.Obviously if Ha make little difference that different.Sometimes have know limitations and maximise what you have not only for you but others

Longboarding-Let-Go.jpg

This is longboarding

I saw a vid of a cute girl longbording down hill....when her face hit the pavment...it looked like two hearing aids came out...
In slow mo...
Turned out to be her teeth.....

I have two BTEs, but I hardly ever use them anymore. I have had ETD in both ears for several years due to allergies. It was like having a bad cold and everything sounded "muffled."

I got my allergies treated with shots, and my hearing has improved a lot. I still have a little tinnitus when the weather changes, but I feel pretty good otherwise.

I don't long board, but I ride a motorcycle with a full face helmet. I ride with my hearing aids on but turned down so that the wind noise isn't so loud but I can still hear what is going on around me. Hearing is important in that situation you need every edge you can get when you're on road and exposed. If your the one in a cage (car) you have less to worry about. On a longboard you're not going to be able to accelerate or stop that well so any little bit of warning you can get could save your life.

Back