Hearing aids needed pls.

TyMom

Reaction score
Hello people, I am a mum of 3 and my 8 year old has been diagnosed with SHL since 2014. I live in Abuja, Nigeria and have always had the challenge of getting her hearing aids. Over the years, have used different China made products as that is what I can afford. However, in the last few weeks, the rechargeable ones I got from amazon thru a friend are now spoilt. I am frustrated at the moment becos I have no working hearing aid for my daughter and its a big challenge as she attends a regular school but learns sign language from downloaded videos. I won't mind used hearing aids pls. I hope some kind hearted person will help us. Attached is a collection of spoilt hearing aid and my girl.

Attachments

• 1508183709296-1935887256.jpg
    1508183709296-1935887256.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0401.JPG
    DSC_0401.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 8
Dear Brookie, here is the response to ur question, am not sure why its not showing...

No I didn't get an audiologist review because back then they offered me a digital Hearin aid for 180 thousand naira abt 800 dollars then.....very unaffordable to me. I got cheaper ones off aliexpress which took weeks. We took the cheap ones in and she started speech therapy becos they her words were coming out wrong, fat as tat, stuffs like that. So over the last 3 years she has used different products from China. So I hope I answered ur question sir/ma.
On Sat, I had an appointment to see an Audiologist at District Hospital Maitama and was offered a digital one for 230k about $638, a $ is 360 naira here.....and again I can't afford it.
He pointed out that the China ones could worsen her condition but the only way to have that checked is to have another ABR done. I have booked her for the test for November, things don't work here like they do in America or other developed nations.
Hmmm....I hope I answered u

I hope your daughter gets the kind of HA's best suited to her loss. You are blessed to have the resources available to get her help.

Back