hearing aids make the difference?

nazziegirl

Reaction score
I am going back to graduate school. I have accommodations for the classroom and for testing. My hearing aids help me hear so much that I am functioning very well even without using Sign. I am almost totally oral at school.

I feel rather surprised and even a little shocked that I am doing as well as I am. I still prefer to use Sign sometimes. I decided to be totally oral at school when I enrolled. I am just very anxious about doing well in class and so forth. People seem to be friendly and helpful.

I just don't quite know where I "fit" anymore.

:jaw:

You'll fit with whom ever treats you with respect. I'm happy to read that the hearing aids have been a postive experience for you.

Laura

What are you going back to graduate school for to study?
I used an interpreter but ALWAYS spoke for myself unless I wasn't sure if I was appropriate or interrupting - but best tool I requested was a list of new words so when I said a name or technique I could prepare to say it if it was unfamiliar beforehand or recognize it easier when finger spelled (or spoken perhaps in your case)

GOOD LUCK IN GRAD SCHOOL!!!

Fabulous! Remember that if it does not work as you hope you can ask for more accommodation. But remember, too, that you were accepted because of you assets and intelligence and that your hearing is just a fact of life for you.

Exactly, fit where you want to. People can't place you where you don't want to be placed. You put yourself with who and around who makes you feel good about yourself and makes you happy. =) Glad they're all supportive. =)

Back