Hearing aid tune-up stuff

sequoias said:
Lol, I don't even know my medicare number and I cannot do that. It asked me for medicare number and other stuff like that that I don't have in file.

Your medicare number is your social security number. :D

deafdyke said:
*wipes brow* Whew.....Thought that Boult was gonna tear into me about why CI is covered while hearing aids aren't.

Had to laugh at that...

deafdyke said:
It's an expensive op but orgionally only a very small percentage of deaf people were eligable for implantation. That's why it was cost effective for insurance cos to cover it. Now, with a lot more people being eligable for it, I think that perhaps the insurance cos will start covering hearing aids reasoning that it's cheaper to cover hearing aids, rather then implants.

I certainly hope they don't stop covering CI (it wouldn't been easy for me to afford it without insurance). The potential is just too great with them. Let's just tighten up the standards across the board and be consistent about it.

But at the same time, I do want them to start covering HAs. Far too many people can't afford a decent HA! It is much cheaper for insurance companies to help people in this predictament. Maybe if they listed certified audiologists and ENTs regarding HAs would take care of the quacks of the world. Then, it would be a reasonable cost solution for them.

HEY Fragmenter .. Are you gonna to put your thumb down on this guy with CI who have SSI or SSDI? ;) Thanks

Sweetmind said:
HEY Fragmenter .. Are you gonna to put your thumb down on this guy with CI who have SSI or SSDI? ;) Thanks

Er...excuse me, if you are talking about me, I meant health insurance through my job. I have a full time job in IT (and have done IT for many years) and I have never collected SSI or SSDI in my life nor will I ever intend to do so.

sr171soars said:
Er...excuse me, if you are talking about me,

You may be right, she must be talking about you since I don't see Fragmenter's post in this thread..

^Angel^ said:
Umm what is medicare A and B ?.... :dunno:

Angel, it's health insurance for low income individuals. Medicare is confusing. I don't know why A and B exists for. Basically in simple terms, A and B means you have to deduct every month. A means you don't pay for it, it's free. I have the A and B.

Boult said:
Your medicare number is your social security number. :D

I tried registering online and it didn't work. I don't know the lettering that I know of after the SSN. Thanks for trying. I appreciate your help with me!

I have to say it aloud. There are some Ciers do collect their SSI or SSDI or have medicaid or medicare . Thanks! NO reason for Fragmenter and his followers like EVE and the rest of others (asl / oralism extremists) to focus on Deaf people with or without devices in their huge negative oppression toward any deafies. So I had pointed that out to be clarifications.

but this is not the only way because there are numerous ways to obtain hearing aids (and cochlear implant as well);
http://listen-up.org/haidfund.htm
Virtually ALL of those are income dependant, and you gotta be practically destuite to qualify.
certainly hope they don't stop covering CI (it wouldn't been easy for me to afford it without insurance). The potential is just too great with them. Let's just tighten up the standards across the board and be consistent about it.
That's actually what I meant!
I think that they should tighten things, so that it's harder to qualify for CI. I've heard of folks who have losses that are more hoh, and they qualify by using ITE or baby aids. I also think some people who get lots of benifit from hearing aids, are opting for it b/c it's the LATEST GREATEST most modren technology, and they are tech whores!

Sweetmind said:

I don't even know the guy or if he can't physically work. Not my business.

^Angel^ said:
Umm what is medicare A and B ?.... :dunno:

Most first timer start out with Part A and if they want Part B then they must enroll into Part B to make that happen. I think nowaday, they are automatically enrolled into both first time around. not sure...

PART A (HOSPITAL INSURANCE)
Hospital insurance that pays for inpatient hospital stays, care in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care, and some home health care.

PART A (MEDICARE)
Hospital insurance that pays for inpatient hospital stays, care in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care and some home health care. (See Hospital Insurance (Part A).)

PART B (MEDICAL INSURANCE)
Medicare medical insurance that helps pay for doctors? services, outpatient hospital care, durable medical equipment, and some medical services that aren?t covered by Part A.

PART B (MEDICARE)
Medicare medical insurance that helps pay for doctors' services, outpatient hospital care, durable medical equipment, and some medical services that are not covered by Part A. (See Medical Insurance (Part B).)

deafdyke said:
I also think some people who get lots of benifit from hearing aids, are opting for it b/c it's the LATEST GREATEST most modren technology, and they are tech whores!

I think you are pretty much on the level but I gotta tell you please lighten up on the caustic comments people getting CIs because it is the greatest and latest and neatest technology and all that jazz. I know it is your pet peeve and possibly one or two might do it for that. They still have to qualify and it isn't something I believe anybody does on a lark. I have a real hard time thinking anybody would jauntly go into this with their eyes closed just because it is soooo cool. Maybe the standards don't appear to be consistent, maybe the people don't check all their options with HAs before going the CI route, maybe lots of things. In any case, take "two" and let it rest.

Ohh I got it now, Thanks Boult and Sequoias ;) ...

Back