hearing aid for cats?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I was debating whether human should come up with hearing aids for deaf cats. I then realized that a group of mice would revolt. They wouldn't want deaf cats to be allowed to get hearing devices. Deaf cats would eventually be able to hear and find where mice are hiding if they had hearing aids. I think that is a great topic as we need to figure how to make everyone within cat community and mice community smile.

If we have hearing aids for cats, eventually there will probably be cochlear implants for cats. Would we really want to put CIs in cats? Wouldn't it just be easier to have them learn a sort of Feline Sign Language? Oh, no! I might be starting a Kitty CI debate!

I doubt if anyone got kitty's consent before implanting. I never heard of a kitty CI before. I bet kitty will live a lifetime of resentment. I can tell by looking at his/her face. Interesting about using it to study deafness.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I doubt if anyone got kitty's consent before implanting. I never heard of a kitty CI before. I bet kitty will live a lifetime of resentment. I can tell by looking at his/her face. Interesting about using it to study deafness.

The way they did that was to kill the cat and dissect and study the brain. They were really studying CI effects on the brain, nothing to do with wanting the cat to have a good experience of hearing.

Yikes! I am very much against animal testing and cruelty. Not good! 8(

Why? They do not need to use HA at all.

I have a Deaf cat and he does not need it. He is perfectly happy with who he is.

I have a Deaf cat and he does not need it. He is perfectly happy with who he is.

Exactly! It's society that doesn't accept deafness and sees it as a way to fix it.

If any of you take prescription medication, there's about a 100% guarantee it was tested on animals. As it is now, we have no other good way of testing safety and effectiveness before we put it in humans. We can either kill rats and other animals, or kill several thousand humans. Make a choice.

I question this science based on the premise that the cat comes when it is called. :lol:

That is exactly what I want when I was born deaf from baby to almost 9 years old before I got my first hearing aid. Bummer, My mother and the doctors had to do that to me. :ugh:

Back