Hearing Aid Dryer

DizzyDon62

Reaction score
I would like to know your opinion on electric hearing aid dryers with or with out the dry brick in them?

Thank you, Don

I would like to know your opinion on electric hearing aid dryers with or with out the dry brick in them?

Thank you, Don

I have Dry and Store. This is the big one with the ultra violet light cycle at the beginning and I really like it. Kills germs plus dries all moisture.

I have a Dry and Store too and would recommend it. Best to use the desiccant with it though, as they absorb the moisture, you can get reusable ones that you dry out in an oven, these save you having to constantly buy new disposable ones.

hubby has same one as Botti and djchur and really likes it-

I have an electric dryer but only because the audi that sold me my HAs threw it in for free. When I travel, I use the old jar method. After a big hurricane, I didn't have power for 8 days and the old jar method worked then, too. Those were 8 LONG days! lol

MED-EL supplied me with a dry storage container that uses a puck full of crystals to absorb moisture. I find when I do things like shovel snow I sweat a little more and my CI processor gets wet, well the normal dry kits take so long to work and I have to take completely apart. I take the processor off when I know I will be active to save any problems but I think over all it would be best to have a proper dryer like the ones your talking about.

Thank you all for your input, Don

My audi also told me that a dry and store was not needed. She was wrong. I did use the jar for years. I was sure that my aids were just defective.

Then, on Botts opinion I made a leap and bought a Dry and Store. Pah!! My aids no longer crackle, pop, or clog. My batteries last much longer. The best part is that I have fewer ear problems. I just open the battery doors and drop aids with batteries into the dryer. I do use the bricks.
I got the dryer on ebay for a ridiculously low price. That is where I buy the bricks too.
Dry and Store is rockin.

You've sold me. I'm going to consider getting a Dry and Store. Ebay, here I come!

You've sold me. I'm going to consider getting a Dry and Store. Ebay, here I come!

Well worth it, and after I read the description of the homemade one, I am betting all your friends and relatives will be happy you no longer smell of beef jerky and dog food! :lol:

:laugh2:

Just for the record, I got mine out of pill and vitamin bottles. :giggle:

Does the red marker still go up on the brik even when not in use? Mine does?

New ones I just got don't have the red line. THey say write the date of opening on it, then change in two months.

I use a "bottle" type one. It is a plastic container with a pad at the bottom to absorb the moisture. I get it at Walgreens for about $7 with tax. It's labeled Hearing Aid DeHumidifier. You only have to replace it every 6 months. Works great for me. I see the moisture in my tubes before I put them in at night, and it's gone in the morning, so I assume it does it's job well.

That sounds good for removing moisture and a good price. I will tell you though that the light and dessicant brick combined with the little fan in my Dry and Store is great. Seriously, now. I use fewer batteries as they last much longer. I have damp ears all year and most especially the heat of summer. The machine dries them, disinfects them and has reduced or eliminated my ear problems. No more daily, dry, itchy ear canal. The ear infections are reduced to one or two a year.
Miss Botti should be paid as their spokes person. I am converted. It was hard to believe that it could make such a difference but it did. It is vibrating (lightly) on my dresser as we chat.

The dry bric that I use is yellow and has a dot to "pop". They last quite a while depending on our weather.

New ones I just got don't have the red line. THey say write the date of opening on it, then change in two months.
Hmm, interesting. As for mine, I was thinking "Hmm, perhaps I won't overuse using the Dryer, this way the brik would last longer". But it seems that the red marker's line still moves up anyway even when not in use. In that case, I might as well use it. :lol:

yeah the red line on mine goes crazy. And I don't use my dry and store very often (it's very dry here in Wyoming). Only when I notice my hearing aid is acting funny (crackling, etc.), then it goes into the dry and store.

Back