hearing aid donations...

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
So, I have 3 hearing aids that i don't use anymore.

#1 hearing aid-- i have a hearing aid that i wore ever since i was a little girl, it is about 12 years old. I don't know what kind of hearing aid brand it was but i know it was made by phonak. It looks something like this: IMG_1856.jpg

#2 hearing aid-- Another hearing aid i have is a small BTE hearing aid that has a remote control to go with it. It's by phonak as well. It's a Nios Micro. I only worn that hearing aid for maybe 3 years. It's a silver one.

#3 hearing aid-- I have a Naidia S. the style of it is blue moon, I worn this aid for a few months before my right ear lost it's residual hearing due to my autoimmune hearing loss or the loudness of drumline. So this aid is still brand new.

My parents are thinking about giving my naidia S to my boyfriend, He currently wears oticons in both ears which are brand new as well, i think he got it maybe two years ago. But can people with oticons wear naidias?

for the other two hearing aids, we are thinking about either donating it to a school that might need it or selling it to an audiologist to get my old aid fixed up and updated for somebody that might need it as like a loan or something like that. But Since my parents doesn't really know what to do with it, i thought maybe i can come over here and talk about it with you guys to see what your opinions and advice are. I have 2 cochlear implants now and unfortunately i don't have any use for them anymore. If my right ear didn't go bad again, i would definitely keep my naidia. I feel really bummed that i can't wear my naidia anymore, considering i only worn it for a few months!! I really really love like ABSOLUTELY love my naidia S because of the style of it and the way it worked for me. Oh well. What do you guys think?

I think it's a good idea to give the Phonak to your boyfriend. He can get it reprogrammed, and there is no reason he can't use Phonak if programmed for him.

The others, I think Lion's Club will take them and get them to someone who really needs them and can't pay.

I think it's a good idea to give the Phonak to your boyfriend. He can get it reprogrammed, and there is no reason he can't use Phonak if programmed for him.

The others, I think Lion's Club will take them and get them to someone who really needs them and can't pay.

I agree. Do you know what kind of hearing he used before the Oticons he has now? The only issue I can see going from the Oticons to the Phonak is the difference in sound. Oticons and Phonaks sound a lot different, he may not like it at first if he's really used to the Oticons, but if he wears the Phonak enough he'd get used to it :)

I agree. Do you know what kind of hearing he used before the Oticons he has now? The only issue I can see going from the Oticons to the Phonak is the difference in sound. Oticons and Phonaks sound a lot different, he may not like it at first if he's really used to the Oticons, but if he wears the Phonak enough he'd get used to it :)

I think he wore phonaks before... i'm not really sure, It's been a long time but i think he wore the same kind i wore when i was a little kid, with the picture provided in my first thread.. and with the difference in sound, that is what i was worried about, i wasn't sure if they would be the same or not. I think my boyfriend has the Oticon Chili or the sumo DM, the color of the aids he has is beige.. i know, boring beige :roll: He doesn't like the small tubing that goes on with the small BTE aids, he has the bigger kinds. SO i don't really know if he had phonak before or just stayed with the Oticon products for his whole life. I might ask him that later when he texts me. My boyfriend is on vacation with his family and he won't be back home for a week.

Botts, they might give my old aid away as a donation, but they're thinking about selling away my Nios Micro to pay off taxes or some bills. I'm not sure what's going to happen with the Naidia S, either sell it or give it to my boyfriend. I'm hoping to give it to my boyfriend so that way if something happened with one of his aids, he can use the Naidia as a backup.

I'm sure your boyfriend will be generous to have your Naida S!!!!! and I use Oticon like him and btw, since he has Oticons in beige, I'm pretty 100% possible that he has a Sumo DM ;)
and your 1st Phonak? that's a pico forte PP-C-S as I see in the pic with my glasses on since I can't read a small print, LOL.

I'm sure your boyfriend will be generous to have your Naida S!!!!! and I use Oticon like him and btw, since he has Oticons in beige, I'm pretty 100% possible that he has a Sumo DM ;)
and your 1st Phonak? that's a pico forte PP-C-S as I see in the pic with my glasses on since I can't read a small print, LOL.

hahaha i forgot the name of the aid was ON the aid.. :giggle: whoops!!

I'm a phonak girl, not an oticon girl so thanks for helping me out with that haha!

I'm not sure if he's going to want my naidia S. have you tried a phonak aid before and did it sound completely different?? that's like the only thing i'm a little worried about. because i don't want to mess anything up for him.

I'm a phonak girl, not an oticon girl so thanks for helping me out with that haha!

I'm not sure if he's going to want my naidia S. have you tried a phonak aid before and did it sound completely different?? that's like the only thing i'm a little worried about. because i don't want to mess anything up for him.
I wear phonak and wore an oticon before as a loaner aid and did not like it...It's all about preference though. Some people have switched and have preferred one sound over the other

funny story but I kinda almost went with a Phonak Naida when I was buying a 3rd hearing aid last year and couldn't keep my eyes off the Oticon since it has so much swagger ROFL!!!! and I actually wear an FM system by Phonak in case U didn't know ;) and you're welcome!

funny story but I kinda almost went with a Phonak Naida when I was buying a 3rd hearing aid last year and couldn't keep my eyes off the Oticon since it has so much swagger ROFL!!!! and I actually wear an FM system by Phonak in case U didn't know ;) and you're welcome!

haha I love the phonak aids, but i always hated their FM system, i always had bad luck with the FM systems! My boyfriend doesn't use FM systems anymore either, he uses the cart and terp.

I noticed you have purple hearing aids... I'M JEALOUS!!! i love purple!!!

My dad AND my audi wanted me to get the bigger aids when we were first looking around for like a new upgrade for my right ear, and they really liked the blue moon style on the naidia because they thought it was like badass and totally gangsta :lol: and i ended up getting it and i actually loved it! too bad my residual hearing went away.

haha I love the phonak aids, but i always hated their FM system, i always had bad luck with the FM systems! My boyfriend doesn't use FM systems anymore either, he uses the cart and terp.

I noticed you have purple hearing aids... I'M JEALOUS!!! i love purple!!!

My dad AND my audi wanted me to get the bigger aids when we were first looking around for like a new upgrade for my right ear, and they really liked the blue moon style on the naidia because they thought it was like badass and totally gangsta :lol: and i ended up getting it and i actually loved it! too bad my residual hearing went away.

LOL yes I do have purple hearing aids, love them :) *more fun, less repairs*
I thought Phonak's updated FM system was great since it only had a minor repair so far! (the screen crapped out on me during foods class)

LOL yes I do have purple hearing aids, love them :) *more fun, less repairs*
I thought Phonak's updated FM system was great since it only had a minor repair so far! (the screen crapped out on me during foods class)

I've always had a hard time trying to hear through the FM system, it always gave me static and we could never find the solution towards the problem. Plus it was always too quiet and the school audiologist always kept making excuses saying she couldn't really do anything about it so i just gave up on using FM systems. I didn't really have a lot of problems with the FM systems when i was in elementary school, but when i got into middle school, that's when i started having problems with the FM systems. So i ended up relying more on the interpreter. oh well. Technology is never perfect :P

I gave up on FM systems after a year of uni ...too annoying to deal with when the prof was talking and if someone asked a q trying to hear and discussions..lol so I opted for having a CART type note taker instead

I gave up on FM systems after a year of uni ...too annoying to deal with when the prof was talking and if someone asked a q trying to hear and discussions..lol so I opted for having a CART type note taker instead

I have a note taker and my college i think already picked somebody to be the note taker for me. I never used cart before but my boyfriend used it i think maybe for one year in college, he likes it but i'm not sure if he's still using it. Honestly both me and my boyfriend mainly rely on interpreters. I think its a little bit easier. I refuse to go back to the FM systems after the problems that i had in the past.

I have a note taker and my college i think already picked somebody to be the note taker for me. I never used cart before but my boyfriend used it i think maybe for one year in college, he likes it but i'm not sure if he's still using it. Honestly both me and my boyfriend mainly rely on interpreters. I think its a little bit easier. I refuse to go back to the FM systems after the problems that i had in the past.

I wish I could rely on a terp...the issue of not knowing enough ASL tho could be a hindrance ;) lol

Back