Hearing Aid Cost

$2,100 for a pair that best we can tell did not help my daughter at all. My insurance will not cover the cost.

You don't want to go cheap with hearing aids becaues you'll end up paying tripple in the end. Cheap hearing aids can't take moisture, shock or ear wax like the better brands. Also better hearing aids have more options like remote controls, loud noise protection, phone voice coils....etc.

Try seeking help from your home state-usually the department of human rescources has money set aside for helping people out in this case.
It actually depends on how well a person takes care of them... or luck. ;)

I had an analog BTE hearing aid that lasted me 14 to 15 years. I got it in 1992 or 1993 (don't remember exactly when). In 1999, I got a new digital BTE hearing aid... but it only lasted 6 months before I had to take it in to be repaired. 6 months later, I couldn't get it fixed cuz the warranty expired. I didn't even wear it that much, only for classes and work. Other than that, I would wear the analog hearing aid I had.

That analog hearing aid I had... went through a lot... A LOT! It was... left in a tennis court outside overnight in the rain... lost it in an apartment parking lot for 24 hours (it rained overnight) before I found it... chewed by my sister's big dog... jumped in the swimming pool with it on... got in the shower with it on... splashed with acid with it on... sweated a lot with it on... and much more. It finally died (almost) in 2007 before I got a new digital hearing aid.

This analog hearing aid that I had... can be bought on the market for $300. I'm thinking about buying myself another one for personal use. :)

It actually depends on how well a person takes care of them... or luck. ;)

I had an analog BTE hearing aid that lasted me 14 to 15 years. I got it in 1992 or 1993 (don't remember exactly when). In 1999, I got a new digital BTE hearing aid... but it only lasted 6 months before I had to take it in to be repaired. 6 months later, I couldn't get it fixed cuz the warranty expired. I didn't even wear it that much, only for classes and work. Other than that, I would wear the analog hearing aid I had.

That analog hearing aid I had... went through a lot... A LOT! It was... left in a tennis court outside overnight in the rain... lost it in an apartment parking lot for 24 hours (it rained overnight) before I found it... chewed by my sister's big dog... jumped in the swimming pool with it on... got in the shower with it on... splashed with acid with it on... sweated a lot with it on... and much more. It finally died (almost) in 2007 before I got a new digital hearing aid.

This analog hearing aid that I had... can be bought on the market for $300. I'm thinking about buying myself another one for personal use. :)

I had an analogue HA, in the days before digitals were invented, that lasted for 20 years. There is far less to go wrong with them than in digitals, they simply make things louder. In the last two years, since I've had digitals, I've had to take them back for repair several times, sometimes silly things like the battery drawer breaking off. I suppose they don't make things as good now as they used to. Today we live in a disposable society, things are designed not to last long, so you have to spend more money getting another one.

My digitals are also not as loud as my old analogues, but apparently analogues are no longer available on the NHS, so you have no choice.

I had an analogue HA, in the days before digitals were invented, that lasted for 20 years. There is far less to go wrong with them than in digitals, they simply make things louder. In the last two years, since I've had digitals, I've had to take them back for repair several times, sometimes silly things like the battery drawer breaking off. I suppose they don't make things as good now as they used to. Today we live in a disposable society, things are designed not to last long, so you have to spend more money getting another one.

My digitals are also not as loud as my old analogues, but apparently analogues are no longer available on the NHS, so you have no choice.

I wished analogues was still on the NHS since I heard a lot better with them, it took a year or more to adapt to digital hearing aids. Since being put on digital hearing aids I have had at least 3/4 pairs since the first two did not do anything for me

I think my new naidas are going to be 4800 or something like that but i am not totally positive on that lol

The price seems to be too high... However, I found some site selling hearing aids for less than a thousand dollar.

Cheap Hearing Aids Wholesale - Free Lifetime Batteries
Hearing Aids, Digital Hearing aids, Open fit digital hearing aids, Canal digital hearing aids, hearingaids
Cheap Hearing Aids Wholesale - Free Lifetime Batteries

I am wondering why the prices are too low? Any idea?

I bought my hearing aids from hearingplanet.com 4 years ago.

They have audiologists in your area that give you a hearing test and fit you with the aids. Their costs cover your aids for damage and loss for 2 years plus 2 years of checkups with the audiologist that fits you.

Many rumours on here about not buying from the internet but there are reputable sellers online.

I bought Phonak Savia's at a cost of $5400 for the pair. If I had bought from the audiologist who fitted me they would have cost me $10,000. So as far as I'm concerned buying from these people was worth it.

Hearing Aids, Digital Hearing Aid, Discount Hearing Devices

10 thousand is RIDIC for hearing aids and savias even 4 years ago u were gonna be ripped off

It depends on the kind of hearing aid you buy.

There are ITE and BTE hearind aids (in the ear and behind the ear).

There are analog and digital hearing aids.

There's insurance coverage or not.

There's an analog hearing aid that could cost as low as $300 and a digital hearing aid for as high as $5,000.

It would also depend on your hearing loss. Some hearing aids may not work for those with more hearing loss than others. That's why you should see an audiologist to explore your options and see what can be done.

I agree , you should go an audiologist to find out which kind of HA would best for you. Some HA sale people will try to sell one of their and and could be the wrong kind! I have seen this happen a lot when I was a health aid. Some of my clients had in IEHA and they could not use it! They end never using their HA and putting it away ! All that money was wasted.

what company makes this aid and what model is this aid?
I think it was an Oticon. I don't remember. It's somewhere in storage. I plan on taking it out to use for reference when I get a new one. :dunno:

brand of hearing aids

Which are the best brand hearing aids for really deaf or born deaf clients? Not those for hard of hearing or senior's ages before I will buy a brand new set hearing aids sometimes in 2010.:wave:
Any ideas?
belinda:ty::wave:

I hear that some deaf people can get free hearing aid, i forget how or where... i got mine free from UIC in chicago who help pay poor people who cant afford hearing aid that want to hearing better. so i got mine 10 years ago till it broke 2 yrs ago. now i cant find where i can get it fix for free or get new one... anyone have experinced get free? or someone help pay you like medicare? ssi? etc?

I am hard of hearing since my childhood. Now, I am really in need of a hearing aid. My hearing loss is seem to be increasing. What's the usual price of a hearing aid? What are the best hearing aid store? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

The price is anything from $1,000 per aid to $3,000, sometimes more. The best place to get them is from the audi.

I hear that some deaf people can get free hearing aid, i forget how or where... i got mine free from UIC in chicago who help pay poor people who cant afford hearing aid that want to hearing better. so i got mine 10 years ago till it broke 2 yrs ago. now i cant find where i can get it fix for free or get new one... anyone have experinced get free? or someone help pay you like medicare? ssi? etc?

Medicare wont pay for a hearing aid unless your hearing loss is due to something like a head injury, removal of a brain tumor,etc.

Medicare.com - Medicare And Hearing Aids - Does Medicare Cover Hearing Aids and Exams?

Medicaid, however, sometimes will. When medicaid pays for hearing aids though its typically only one and you have to have 50% or more hearing loss.

Back