Hearing Aid Beads

LoveBlue

Reaction score
Found some great beads at a craft store yesterday that have holes big enough to fit over the tubes of my ear molds. Today I looked up the beads and found the website of the company that makes them. Wanted to share it with everyone.
A Bead at a Time
I also sent them a "comment" saying that I bought some for my HAs and that it would be great if the letters/numbers/charm beads also came with the letters/numbers/charm "sideways" so that they'd show correctly hanging on the tubing.

That will probably be too heavy and just pull the tubing out sagging to the side. They make decorations called tube riders that are just for that.

Tube Riders Home

I went to a jewelry store with a piece of tubing and sized what would work for me. Eventually, I found some cool fabric bead/tubes to put on my h-aids. Wore them for a while, then had to take them off to replace the tubing or something.. forgot where I put them. Just find your local bead store.

I went to a jewelry store with a piece of tubing and sized what would work for me. Eventually, I found some cool fabric bead/tubes to put on my h-aids. Wore them for a while, then had to take them off to replace the tubing or something.. forgot where I put them. Just find your local bead store.

They were made of fabric? I haven't seen that, but I can see how it would work well.

i just use regular pony beads :D i can send you some beads free if you want. I have TONS!
*EQL*
Edit: if you look at my user profile picture, you can see the beads i wear on my tubes

The beads I recently bought don't pull on the tubes and the holes are plenty big, so they slide easily onto the tubes.
I also have the pony beads...tons of them...that's why I'm looking for singular beads, don't want to buy a bag of beads just for two. I did that a few years ago. And when they're in the bags, it's hard to tell if the holes are big enough.
I have also taken an "old" tube with me shopping and may do that again (when I remember to put one in my purse). One thing I look for are decorative buttons that have the loop (for sewing onto the clothing) on the back. Unfortunately, most of the loops/holes are too small. I do have a pair of dragonflies that fit.

Back