Hearing aid apps for iPhone

nasif123

Reaction score
I had to try that once when I was at school and my batteries died..the ONE time I didn't have spares... And it was terrible. It amplified all the wrong things too loud. A door slamming, clothes crinkling against the mic, etc. I would not recommend it at all.

I just don't see how this would work out well for those with severe-profound loss. Maybe it works better for those with a much more smaller loss.

I had to try that once when I was at school and my batteries died..the ONE time I didn't have spares... And it was terrible. It amplified all the wrong things too loud. A door slamming, clothes crinkling against the mic, etc. I would not recommend it at all.

Sounds just like my hearing aids :D

I'll have to see if there is an android version....

There are several android versions, but it's not the BioAid. The problem with the Android version is that there is a delay. Not sure if there is a delay with the iPhone, but the reason BioAid was designed for the iPhone is because they claim there is no delay.

Also, it is made pretty clear that these smartphone hearing aids are not meant to replace sophisticated high-end hearings aids that we all wear, at least not yet anyway. So I would NOT recommend buying an iPhone just to get the BioAid app hoping it would replace your normal high-end hearing aids. You can use it as another alternative for certain situations. But remember, you need to use headphones, so that would probably mean you need to take your hearing aids off to use this, which for me would be counter productive.

If you have a android, try out some of the app available to see what it's like before you decide to buy an iPhone just to get the BioAid app.

LOL that sounds so much like my 2nd hearing aids!!!!! (glad I ditched them for stronger aids)

Back