Hearie that wants a VP.....

I think they shuld just buy a D-link i2eye.

tegumi said:
You do have a very good point... because you know there are people out there that do that, especially since VP has audio, those hearies could get their hearing friends to get free VP's by doing the same...

But what about the small population of hearies like me that want to get a VP and use it truthfully? For talking with Deaf friends and NOT for cheating the system? Do you believe all hearing people WITH Deaf friends or relatives should be charged for a VP??

What's wrong with Webcam? Any hearies can use Webcams with computers via high speed Internet cable to any vidoephone.

Give me a break...hearies can afford Webcam or VP. Deafies have long way to catch up the telecommunication technologies. The was not fair to them since telegraph era.

I never used a telephone (exception of bad practical jokes on 911) until I was 19 years old, and my first wpm was approx 9. Many of my friends and family always use the phone. What is unfair for me and other deafies?

mld4ds said:
What's wrong with Webcam? Any hearies can use Webcams with computers via high speed Internet cable to any vidoephone.

Give me a break...hearies can afford Webcam or VP. Deafies have long way to catch up the telecommunication technologies. The was not fair to them since telegraph era.

I never used a telephone (exception of bad practical jokes on 911) until I was 19 years old, and my first wpm was approx 9. Many of my friends and family always use the phone. What is unfair for me and other deafies?

I never said there was anything wrong with a webcam, or that I could or couldnt afford a webcam or VP..... :ugh2:

tegumi said:
I never said there was anything wrong with a webcam, or that I could or couldnt afford a webcam or VP..... :ugh2:

You just want a freebie, like any deaf person would. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

tegumi said:

Webcam is cheaper than VP. you can easily afford it at 19 bucks or up...

mld4ds said:
Webcam is cheaper than VP. you can easily afford it at 19 bucks or up...

$19?? You get what you pay for...... I have a webcam, and it is sooo slow... ask anyone on here who has tried signing on a cheap webcam, how much it lags and how slow it is.

tegumi said:
$19?? You get what you pay for...... I have a webcam, and it is sooo slow... ask anyone on here who has tried signing on a cheap webcam, how much it lags and how slow it is.

I said $19 or up

my hearing friend (she is interpreter) brought webcam for computer - cost onlny $39 and I setup with NetMeeting. It work fine from computer to VP.

tegumi said:

It's probably not the webcam that is slow. It is more likely your computer and/or Operating System is the reason for that.

hi everyone . it me Guy i am new on here . i read about vp . i have sorenson vrs has no plm . i love it on soreson vrs . :thumb: : :ily:

diehardbiker65 said:
Sorry, I have very realiable sources (Patent attorneys) that found out the information on these stuff. That is how I know the answer. I wish I can spill the sources, but because of confidential issues down the road. I can't share anything.

Trust me, there WILL be better Videophone in the horizion for everybody. That is ALL I could say at this time. :)

Remember, Dlink OWNS most of the patents inside both DVC-1000 and VP-100! Sorenson only owns patents inside VP-100 and NONE in DVC-1000!

Patent isn't a confidential disclosure and is in public domain that everyone else can access to it without any restrictions so please spill it. What are the patent numbers that Sorenson claims (you said 7) and D-link claims (you said 3)?

My husband is Deaf so we got a free VP.

But the question is do you want to have that reputation in the Deaf community of pretending to be Deaf to get a free VP? It's a small world.......and news spreads fast.....

Back