Hearie Student Intro :)

HelloNurse

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been creeping around these forums for a few weeks when I have questions, so I thought I would just register and stop being so creepy. haha

I am a nursing student, and I just took my first ASL class this semester. I absolutely love it! Our teacher is Deaf and she has taught me so much about Deaf culture and the language. I have had some great experiences in the Deaf community and have made several Deaf and HOH friends.

The experience has inspired me so much that I am 99% sure after I finish my nursing degree in '12, I want to continue on and get a second degree in ASL interpreting.

I know that is a couple years away, but until then I want to keep learning more about Deaf culture and ASL so I can be a great medical interpreter one day.

I hope you guys wont mind me popping on here from time to time. :wave:

Hello, Nurse, glad to have you aboard. I was gonna say, "enjoy the many and diverse numbers of threads here" but I see you've gotten a head start....:P
Best wishes on your journey.....

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Feel free to read and post all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Welcome to AD
Next time, if I see medical trouble on AD, I or the other AD'ers shall page you for your nursing assistance :lol:

Welcome and good luck in your nurse training. I completed my training as a mental health nurse recently and graduated last week, it's a really good feeling to be finally qualified!

Welcome and good luck in your nurse training. I completed my training as a mental health nurse recently and graduated last week, it's a really good feeling to be finally qualified!

Congrats on your graduation, djchur!!! :)

Hi, I am a nursing student also, graduate this spring (God willing I pass) I am hoping ASL will be useful in nursing, but ok if it isn't. I just heard from another nurse that interpreters at the hospital she works at make $40-60 per hour. Not bad, if you can pick up a few hours here and there. I also see on various syllabuses for different nursing schools that ASL is an accepted class for continuing credits in nursing, so I am pretty excited about that. I am hoping it is something I can take and put towards my BSN.

Good luck to you, nice to know when I am killing myself studying that I am not the only one!

Back