Health Care to "control the people"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because someone doesn't recognize it as the work of another doesn't mean that it is acceptable to present it as one's own work. That is the whole purpose of quotation and citation. And we aren't talking informal conversation here. We are talking about written use and the refusal to comply with the guidelines that one is demanding that others comply with.
Do you think your authority trumps the law and court decisions?

Hasn't every single thing that can be said been said at some point in a movie. I guess we all need to start putting quotes around all our post from here on just to make sure we don't get sued. :roll:

"That" "is" "probably" "a" "good" "idea"

Just because someone doesn't recognize it as the work of another doesn't mean that it is acceptable to present it as one's own work. That is the whole purpose of quotation and citation. And we aren't talking informal conversation here. We are talking about written use and the refusal to comply with the guidelines that one is demanding that others comply with.

HA! you are comparing the use of a common phrase to supporting a claim.

That's funny

The courts have already decided that, "Frankly my dear, we don't give a damn."

fixed the spelling for you :giggle:

btw - love the movie. good classic.

The courts have already decided that, "Frankly my dear, we don't give a dam."

That would be "damn". Reference was not to a structure constructed by beavers or man.

fixed the spelling for you :giggle:

btw - love the movie. good classic.

She knows....it was omitted for obscenity purposes......and so that it wouldn't be a direct quote....... She has a trial coming up dontcha know

HA! you are comparing the use of a common phrase to supporting a claim.

That's funny

Not at all. It is only your twisted logic that allows you to believe that. Also, your uninformed idea of when citation is required and when it isn't.

She knows....it was omitted for obsenity purposes......and so that it wouldn't be a direct quote....... She has a trial coming up dontcha know

I know. such a nun in the heart :giggle:

She knows....it was omitted for obsenity purposes......and so that it wouldn't be a direct quote....... She has a trial coming up dontcha know

Mispelling does not make it excepted from the category of direct quote. Paraphrasing requires citation, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back