Headphones?

Rick

Reaction score
I recently got an iRiver iHP-120 MP3 Player,

Since I have behind the ear hearing aids, I cannot use the supplied earphones (in the ear headphones), and normally I use headphones by placing them behind my ear over the hearing aids, but that causes my earlobes to get sore after an hour or two.

I am wondering if there are any specially designed headphones that are meant to work with behind the ear hearing aids? I've been searching on Google and I havn't come up with any helpful results...

any ideas?

hatis headset

You might want to check out www.hatis.com or more specifically, http://www.hatis.com/epic.shtml

These are headphones (Hatis Epic) made for behind the ear hearing aids. I bought these a while ago and found them quite amazing. The sound goes directly to the hearing aid when switched to "T" and fit quite comfortably. However, I ended up returning them as I still wear analog hearing aids and when I was at work -- all the static from computers gave a buzzing sound. I'm not sure how they work with digital hearing aids.

I dunno I wouldn't trust headphones that made my hearing loss even more... Thats why I can't hear music anymore :( Just sounds not words they are saying Like I used to hear...

Jaana said:
You might want to check out www.hatis.com or more specifically, http://www.hatis.com/epic.shtml

These are headphones (Hatis Epic) made for behind the ear hearing aids. I bought these a while ago and found them quite amazing. The sound goes directly to the hearing aid when switched to "T" and fit quite comfortably. However, I ended up returning them as I still wear analog hearing aids and when I was at work -- all the static from computers gave a buzzing sound. I'm not sure how they work with digital hearing aids.
Yeah, I use the "T" (Telephone) mode on my hearing aids as well for normal headphones, thanks for the link, i'll check it out! :)

There is a special necklace that's hooked up to a wire. A friend of mine has one. He uses it a lot when he's in class at RIT. It looks like an ordinary cheap necklace that joins at the bottom and continues as one wire which is then plugged into the CD player. All he has to do is switch to T mode on his hearing aids and then he can hear only the music and nothing else. Now, in class... he can play his CDs without anyone seeing him with "headphones". Hehehe!

VamPyroX said:
There is a special necklace that's hooked up to a wire. A friend of mine has one. He uses it a lot when he's in class at RIT. It looks like an ordinary cheap necklace that joins at the bottom and continues as one wire which is then plugged into the CD player. All he has to do is switch to T mode on his hearing aids and then he can hear only the music and nothing else. Now, in class... he can play his CDs without anyone seeing him with "headphones". Hehehe!

Yeh those are cool, I use them when I was in highschool while in class, then I gotten sick of it. But now I am in college, I can wear them anytime, and I can also wear them at work while on break. I also can wear them in the car while driving..
They are cool..

TinyStrawberry said:
Yeh those are cool, I use them when I was in highschool while in class, then I gotten sick of it. But now I am in college, I can wear them anytime, and I can also wear them at work while on break. I also can wear them in the car while driving..
They are cool..
Yeah, unfortunately... I don't know where to find them. It wouldn't benefit me anyway since my hearing aid's T function is broken.

Back