Headphones and hearing aid(s) and cochlear implant(s)

martyns

Reaction score
Do you and regularly wear headphones on top of your hearing aid(s) or cochlear implant(s), and if so, for how long? Or do you take off your hearing aid(s) or cochlear implant(s) and wear headphones on a regular basis, and if so, for how long? Did you wear headphones for any particularly different peiod of time with or without your equipment when it has been different to what you wear now?

No, if I want to listen to music or the TV through my CI(which I never do) I have a lead specially for my implant to plug into

I suggest you not do that. My audi has told me its real bad. In order for me to hear my ipod without hearing aids I have to listen to it full on which would cause more damage to my hearing than anything. Instead I have bought a loop that connects to my tcoil and it works great. I spent a little extra to get a nice one.

When I use headphones (I'm including the phone headset), I put it on top of my hearing aids. I usually go all day (more than 8 hours) with that.

I don't wear headphones without hearing aids. There's no benefits to as I can't hear squat from the headphones at a safe volume without hearing aids.

I use headphones, I put it on top of my CI but not the hearing aids as I get awful feedback on the HA's. I wear it for a couple of hours.

But I don't bother using the direct input leads as my headphones plugs directly into the HI FI, which is hooked up to my TV. I somehow get better sound quality through that way from the TV. Don't ask me why - it works.

I use headphones, I put it on top of my CI but not the hearing aids as I get awful feedback on the HA's. I wear it for a couple of hours.

But I don't bother using the direct input leads as my headphones plugs directly into the HI FI, which is hooked up to my TV. I somehow get better sound quality through that way from the TV. Don't ask me why - it works.

it wont feedback if you switch ha to telecoil its best thing ever with headphone!

I just put the headset/headphones over my CI. This is strictly for my MP3 player or music off the PC especially at work. Can do that all day sometimes. Radios and TVs I just listen with my CI as it is not a problem.

I don't bother with the telecoil...in fact I have never ever used it.

Back