Having surgery on Tuesday

tigersharkdude

Reaction score
I'm having surgery on Tuesday to implant the ABI, dont think Ive ever been excited for surgery

Wow! That's a long time. Hope all goes well.

Do you have a long healing time before you know the result?

quite the doozy. It was a very long surgery (close to 20 hours)

Holy cow. Did they say why? 20 hours under anesthesia for you???

Hope you're home and healing well by this time, and have someone around to wait on you and bring you hot tea and chicken soup while you recover. Hot tea and chicken soup being my medical answer to just about anything that ails a person. Plus being waited on... ;-)

Seriously, I hope that long surgery was explained to you. That seems horrendous, for something that usually takes a fraction of that time.

20 hours for a CI surgery?

Uh oh . . .

Edit: I just wiki'd ABI. It's a Auditory Brain Stem Implant. That's different from a CI and much more delicate a procedure (since it's an implant on the brain stem) and it makes sense that the surgery was longer. I'd never even heard of this. Wow. I hope TSD will perhaps enlighten us a little more on his procedure.

Best of luck with your recovery!

Last edited:
ABI is different from a CI. It is actually implanted in the brain and is more complicated.

well I cant type that well right now. I had a lengthy response that I dont feel like typing gain. Long story short, the tumor grew back so sugery 2 was really one and two

Dang. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Back