Have you pimped your ears?

I didn't like the ear gear much ...they made my ears stick out lol

Several months ago I played around with putting my dangly earrings on small rubber bands, but they made too much noise. Reading this thread, I started thinking again about trying decorating them as befits an elderly :giggle: (at least compared to some of you) lady.

The Wal-mart here now has beads with a large hole. Some very interesting ones, too. I got some plain silver ones, and they look :cool2:, and you have to really try to make them noisy. I'm going to get some more, and change them out occasionally, or for special occasions. :D

Here is something for really fancy occasions:

I seem to be hearing better with the tube covered with beads. My glasses are preventing them from falling off. :Ohno:

48455634f8a3_ebcbc3c8-297d-4629-acc5-46431dc37e0c

Last edited:
Oh that's wicked cute!!! How comfortable is it? I had to take my tube twists off, they were squeezing my ear in between the tube and my mold, but my mold doesn't stop where they usually do.

That's it, I'm so going to walmart and looking for likely candidates, I really dig the silver ones!! sweeet

Oh that's wicked cute!!! How comfortable is it? I had to take my tube twists off, they were squeezing my ear in between the tube and my mold, but my mold doesn't stop where they usually do.

That's it, I'm so going to walmart and looking for likely candidates, I really dig the silver ones!! sweeet

If the problem with the twists is simply that they are too long could you cut them?

If the problem with the twists is simply that they are too long could you cut them?

No, the molds are weird, I have a pic on here somewhere Ima find it, I think it might be a prob with beads like that too

okay found my post. Those aids are the Ambras I returned, but the molds are the same. In the first 2 pick I edited them and made circles on the extra bit of mold, you know how the top of your ear curves around and down into the "bowl?' of your ear? that extra bit of mold curves underneath it, so if I put something on the tube it that bit of skin gets pinched.

http://www.alldeaf.com/hearing-aids...-do-i-have-relation-moulds-2.html#post2083423

hmmm, but maybe cutting them would work, and I could keep them really high on the tubes, if I keep them higher than that extra bit of ear mold my ear wouldn't get squished :D Ima try it!!

Oh that's wicked cute!!! How comfortable is it?
Thank you. I put the small silver one on top, because the big bead was pulling the microphone so far forward that I was getting feedback. Otherwise they are just fine. I may just wear them like that all the time. :cool2:

WOW you all are very creative. I like the charms but there is no way of doing that with a CI. I'm planning on ordering a cover for my CI once it gets warmer and I can wear my hair up again. Someone probably could make some good extra money if their creative and make all different types of covers. For example Christmas, Valentines Day, Saint Patricks Day, Birthday and then sports themes. Football covers would be great right now...49ers and the Ravens. I would buy some.

WOW you all are very creative. I like the charms but there is no way of doing that with a CI. I'm planning on ordering a cover for my CI once it gets warmer and I can wear my hair up again. Someone probably could make some good extra money if their creative and make all different types of covers. For example Christmas, Valentines Day, Saint Patricks Day, Birthday and then sports themes. Football covers would be great right now...49ers and the Ravens. I would buy some.

I think skinit does that .

The only thing I see is for the Advanced Bionics Slim. Not sure if that would work but the designs are terrific. Thanks Botti.

I didn't like the ear gear much ...they made my ears stick out lol

A few years ago I wrote the ear gear people and asked if they could make a single layer eargear. If I recall correctly they said that it wold provide less protection to the hearing aids, which I suppose is true but I also feel like my ears stick out with eargear (but I still use them when running, biking, hiking, in the rain, etc).

ambrosia-No, the molds are weird, I have a pic on here somewhere Ima find it, I think it might be a prob with beads like that too
I had a pair of molds that made one of my ears raw to the point that I couldn't wear my hearing aid in that ear for more than an hour and it is my good ear.
But now I have new molds that are better but getting old and feedbacky.
I think I'm going to ask for really soft molds next time. They will be header to clean but less feedback and hopefully fewer sores.

I agree ! wicked cute :)
gonna steal your idea, hope you don`t mind :giggle:

Fuzzy

I love the pink with skulls!!! Awesomesauce!!!

I'm a bit pissed about the pinkish tubing.
My old "normal" tubing developed cracks so when I went to my new audiologist to get new tubing her son (an audiology student) gave me tubes that would "help me blend in".
I protested and pointed out the zebra pimped audioboots I had but my fiancé and I had driven 45 minutes to get there and we had to get to class.

When I go back in march I am going to get new earmolds (I'm thinking a subtle glitter) and ask for non-pink tubing.
I'm also going to ask for a style other than the modified skeleton molds (my current molds are quite deep and are only "skeleton" because there is a small area that isn't covered.
Too much feedback.

(I was the biggest tomboy ever as a kid and to this day the only color I like less than pink is orange)

Back